No Sugar Added Apple Pie (plus a Keto option!)
We've taken on a classic dessert and made a recipe with no added sugar and included a Keto option. With warm spices and plenty of fresh tart apples (or the Keto option!) this is the best no sugar-added apple pie recipe you'll ever taste.
Ingredients for No Sugar Added Apple Pie:
- 1 pastry for a 9" pie plus lattice (we doubled the crust from this Keto Pie Crust recipe, rolled it out and made strips to form a lattice)
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free flour
- ½ cup Lakanto Classic or Golden Sweetener
- ½ cup Lakanto Brown Sweetener
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 T lemon juice
- ¼ cup water
- 6-8 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced(*Make it Keto: Substitute fresh, peeled, grated zucchini for the apples)
Instructions for No Sugar Added Apple Pie:
- Prepare 9" glass pie pan by placing pie crust in it and using a fork, prick 4-6 places to make holes in the bottom of crust.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan on medium heat. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add Classic or Golden Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener, Brown Monkfruit Sweetener, cinnamon powder, lemon juice, salt, and water. Bring to a low boil. Reduce temperature, and cook 2-3 minutes or until sweeteners are fully dissolved. Turn off heat and add apples (or zucchini if subbing) and continue stirring while incorporating together.
- Fill pie crust with apple mixture, mounded slightly. Cover with the pie crust strips making a lattice design on top of apples.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425°. Reduce the temperature to 350° and continue baking for 30 to 35 minutes. Place aluminum foil around edges of crust during baking if browning is too severe.
- Pull out of the oven once complete with a nice golden color on the edges of the crust. Allow pie to cool for 10 minutes before serving warm. Cool completely then serve. Serve with Keto Vanilla Ice Cream or Sugar-Free Whipped Cream
other great Apple recipes:
Sugar-Free, Keto Apple Cider