Sugar-Free Carrot Cake Loaf
Classic carrot cake is one of life’s simple pleasures. Its amazing texture, humble spices and cream cheese frosting never fails to satisfy. Holiday, Birthday, Any day.
We’ve created a one-bowl recipe for a Carrot Cake Loaf that replaces sugar with Monkfruit Sweetener, bringing the sugar content from 18g to 2g.
- 2 eggs, room temperature
¾ cup Lakanto Baking Monkfruit Sweetener
¾ cup Lakanto Brown Monkfruit Sweetener (Can sub Golden Monkfruit Sweetener)
- ½ cup full fat plain Greek Yogurt (can sub sour cream)
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup Gluten Free or All-Purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ½ tsp ginger
- ½ tsp salt
- 8 oz freshly grated carrots
- Preheat oven to 350° and spray the bottom and sides of a standard loaf pan with your favorite cooking spray and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and both Monkfruit Sweeteners until fully combined. Add the yogurt, oil and vanilla and mix well. Add the flour, baking soda and powder and all spices and fold into wet ingredients just until combined. Do not over mix. Next, fold in the freshly grated carrots.
- Pour into the prepared pan and set in the middle of the preheated oven. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until edges are browned and middle is no longer jiggly. A toothpick inserted in the middle should come out clean.
- Let cool in the loaf pan for 15 minutes and then invert onto a rack to finish cooling.
Tips for a perfect Carrot Cake Loaf:
Room temperature eggs. It will result in a more tender cake with some good bakery house volume.
Using oil in the recipe makes the best texture while using Monkfruit Sweetener. Lakanto needs fat to taste the best.
Use fresh, finely grated carrots for this recipe. 2 good-sized carrots on a standard grater works great. Or use a food processor.
Pair our Sugar-Free Carrot Loaf with our Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
If you’re looking for a Keto Carrot Cake Recipe find it here
- Serving Size
- 1 slice (16 servings per recipe)
- per serving
- 16 grams
- 8 grams
- 4 grams
- 3 grams
- 110 milligrams
- 2 grams