Monk Fruit Margaritas
Whether it's a Cinco de Mayo tradition, any given Friday, or a patio evening with your patner, you need a monk fruit margarita mix in your bar kit. We tested a few recipes in house to find a perfectly balanced margarita mix.
Several of our monk fruit sweeteners can be used, with only slightly varying results. The best sweetener option is our Simple Syrup, but if you don't have that in your pantry, you can easily make a simple syrup with our Classic Sweetener, which we now offer as an Organic Classic 1:1 Sweetener.
You'll find a big difference in flavor depending on the source of your lime juice. Fresh squeezed is always great, with your next best option being a not from concentrate variety. If you need to go with a concentrated lime juice, just realize that it will alter the flavor of your margarita.
health benefits of fresh lime juice
We thinks drinks made with quality ingredients are a fantastic way of getting additional vitamins and nutrients into your body! Fresh lime juice will give your body a boost of:
- vitamin C
- antioxidants to fight disease
- increased metabolism / metabolic effect
- improved iron absorption
- heart health properties
Ingredients for a Sugar-free Margarita Mix
The recipe below makes 4 drinks, once your tequila is added and you pour 5.5 ounces for each. Cheers to a sunny day, a productive week, or surviving unforeseen challenges!
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Simple Syrup or Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener (also available in Organic)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup lime juice (not from concentrate is best, we like the Santa Cruz Organic brand)
- limes to garnish
- 6 - 8 oz of your favorite tequila
Instructions for Monkfruit Margaritas
- If using Lakanto Classic Sweetener, you'll want to make a simple syrup using the sweetener and water. The sweetener takes about 5 minutes on medium heat (be careful not to boil!) to melt into the water. Let cool for a few minutes before mixing in other ingredients.
- Pour your simple syrup into your favorite pitcher.
- Add in your lime juice, tequila, and stir well.
- Pour over ice in chilled rock glasses.
- Garnish margarita with a lime wedge.
Margarita Mix Recipe Tips
- This mix will keep just fine in the fridge for up to two weeks. If you used Lakanto Classic Sweetener, you may see some separation after a few days. A quick stir and it will be perfectly blended again.
- You can use Lakanto Golden Sweetener for a strawberry blended margarita. Golden used to make a simple syrup works just fine—just expect the syrup to be pretty dark. That's why it pairs great with strawberry! To make, just replace the lime juice with 2 cups of frozen strawberries and toss into your blender with the simple syrup and tequila!
Need a drink to serve the kids while you swim in fresh margaritas?
It's probably taboo to give the kiddos margaritas, even if they are virgin...no worries! We crafted an authentic horchata recipe that is also sugar-free. Check out how to make Authentic Horchata, using the fan-favorite maple syrup.
Planning a Cinco de Mayo party? Make it complete with a chilled three milk traditional Mexican cake recipe. Here's the Lakanto Tres Leches Cake recipe.