Keto Strawberry Jam
Ripe, juicy strawberries made into jam makes the most drool-worthy condiment but usually is accompanied with loads of sugar. Ditch all the added sugar by making your own homemade sugar-free strawberry jam with this recipe using Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener.
Keep it handy in your fridge and slather it on our Low-Carb Pancakes, add some to a Lakanto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin or drizzle it on some Keto Vanilla Ice Cream. Any way you have it, you will love this simple, no pectin recipe that works for low carb and Keto diets.
Ingredients in Keto Strawberry Jam:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries, sliced
- 2-3 T water
- 1 tsp chia seeds, ground or 1 tsp Xanthun Gum
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 T Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
Instructions for Keto Strawberry Jam:
- Chop the strawberries and place them in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add 2-3 T of water to ensure that the strawberries stay whole while they cook down.
- With a lid on, bring to the boil, then turn the heat to medium and cook on a low boil for around 15 minutes. The strawberries will soften and have begun to release their own liquid. At this time mash with a potato masher or other tool that will do the job.
- Continue simmering the strawberries over a low heat for another 30 minutes until it reduces by about half. Stir often. As the liquid evaporates, the bubbles will become smaller. You want a very low bubbling at this point, while stirring more often with a spatula so the strawberries don't burn.
- Cook until desired texture and turn off heat.
- Add the lemon juice and 1-2 T of Lakanto Powdered Monfruit Sweetener and stir well. Taste and add more to desired sweetness. Add in 1 tsp Xanthun Gum or 1-2 T ground chia seeds to thicken.
- Cool fully on counter (to prevent crystallization) & fill sterilized jar. Keeps 2-3 weeks in fridge. Can freeze up to 3 months.
Nutritional Info in Keto Strawberry Jam (1 Tablespoon/12 grams)
- Calories: 22kcal
- Fat: .3g
- Protein:. .2g
- Carbohydrates: 2g
- Dietary Fiber: .5g
- Net Carbs: 1.5g