Keto Blackberry Buckle
If you love summer fruit baked into golden desserts, you'll love this gluten-free, fruit-filled friend. This recipe using Monkfruit Sweetener makes over this simple & sweet fruit dessert that can fit into Keto diets.
This simple dessert can be ready in a flash! Fold fresh, in-season, keto-friendly fruit into a thick vanilla batter using our Brown Monkfruit Sweetener, then top with even more blackberries and a buttery streusel. After baking, drizzle on a creamy, sugar-free lemon glaze, using our Classic Monkfruit Sweetener and add brightness to every single bite with a bit of citrus.
Make it for a brunch crowd, (serves 8-10) or freeze in individual cups to take out and heat up when you want something this delicious.
Ingredients in Keto Blackberry Buckle:
- 2 T Butter, melted (can sub coconut oil)
- 1/2 cup finely ground Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 T Lakanto Brown Monkfruit Sweetener (can sub Classic or Golden)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 T Coconut Flour (can sub gluten-free flour)
- 2 cups almond flour, sifted (can use a gluten-free flour)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp nutmeg or cinnamon
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Classic, Brown or Baking Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup, melted butter or coconut oil, cooled
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blackberries, (also can sub frozen or another berry)
- 1 T lemon juice, fresh if possible
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- ¼ tsp Xanthan Gum (omit if using gluten-free flour)
Instructions for Keto Blackberry Buckle:
- Preheat oven to 350° and place rack in the middle of the oven.
- In a bowl, mix the streusal topping ingredients together until it makes a crumbly dough. Set aside.
- In a larger bowl, add blackberries, almond flour, baking powder, butter or oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, spices, xanthan gum, and Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener. Fold everything together until well combined.
- Pour the batter mixture into a 9" baking dish that is prepared with parchment paper or baking spray.
- By the spoonful, sprinkle the topping evenly over the filling.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until the top is browned. (Check after 10 minutes, if top is browning too fast, cover lightly with foil).