Try this flexible dressing recipe on salad, meat, or whatever your heart desires. With the use of almond butter and tahini, you get a nice creaminess to the dressing. With the variety of seasonings and raw, fibrous elements, you'll enjoy a complex flavor profile.
Homemade dressings will hold in your fridge for up to a week. You can easily double this recipe if you plan to use this to dress several items in your meal, or if you love it so much you want more for the week.
Ingredients for Turmeric Almond Dressing
- 1-½ Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- ½ Tbsp tahini
- 1 Tbsp ginger root, Raw
- 1 Tbsp turmeric root, grated
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 Tbsp carrots, grated
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
Instructions for making Turmeric Almond Dressing
- In a jar or blender, grate fresh turmeric, ginger and carrot. Add the almond butter and tahini.
- Pour in the lemon juice, water, and garlic powder.
- Using a blender or immersion blender, blend the mixture together for 5-10 seconds.
- Drizzle in the olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with celery, over salad, or as a dip for chicken.