Overnight oats are a quick and easy breakfast made by soaking rolled oats in liquid overnight. Their popularity is still going strong for a few reasons: they're simple to prepare and perfect for make-ahead breakfasts and busy mornings. Also, overnight oats keep the integrity of the oat intact, helping to avoid that gummy texture that cooked versions of oatmeal sometimes take on. The soaking of the oats helps break down the starches making them easier to digest.
Here are 3 Overnight Oats Recipes to make every morning (& late night snack!) delicious, satisfying & nutritious.
Our first recipe is a delicious version of Overnight Oats with the addition of your favorite protein powder and our own Suntella Chocolate Spread to make a sugar-free, gluten free breakfast or snack that will sustain you for hours with protein, healthy fats & grains.
Ingredients for Suntella Overnight Oats:
- 1 cup old fashioned oats (the course version of oats, not instant)
- ⅓ cup vanilla protein powder
- ⅛ cup flax or hemp seeds
- 1-2 T Lakanto Brown Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 ½ cup almond or oat milk
- Dash of salt
- 1 T Lakanto Suntella Chocolate Sunflower Spread
Instructions for Suntella Overnight Oats:
- Divide and place all ingredients except Suntella into two 1 cup mason jars or containers. Add the dry ingredients together with the wet ingredients and mix well. Add the Suntella chocolate spread and swirl it into oat mixture. Leaving it not fully mixed.
- Cover with an airtight lid and store in the refrigerator overnight.
- Add additional milk if needed for your own desired consistency. Eat cold or warm in the microwave before serving. Top with sliced apples, berries, seeds, nuts, coconut, chocolate chips, bananas.
Overnights oats store for up to a week in the fridge in a sealed container. You can also freeze overnights oats in a small container and thaw them in the fridge the day before eating.
Nutritional Info estimation based on ingredients listed. Serving size ¾ cup. Servings per recipe: 2
- Calories: 213kcal
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Protein: 18g
- Sodium: 189mg
- Total Carbs: 26g
- Dietary Fiber:6g
- Sugars: 8g
- Sugar Alcohols:8g
- Net Carbs: 12g
Chocolate Coconut Overnight Oats
Oats offer a very good source of fiber, and are high in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. The complex cabs make you feel fuller longer. This recipe for Chocolate Coconut Overnight Oats is sweetened with Lakanto Maple Syrup which is sugar-free and only 1 Net Carb per serving! A healthy chocolate dessert for breakfast? Enough said.
- 3/4 cup milk, dairy, almond, coconut (we used unsweetened vanilla almond milk)
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp Lakanto Organic Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2 tsp Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 T Lakanto Chocolate Chips
- 1 T unsweetened coconut flakes
Instructions for Chocolate Coconut Overnight Oats:
- Whisk together the milk, cocoa powder, Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup, vanilla extract, and salt in an airtight container. (It's very easy to prepare, store, and serve this oatmeal recipe all in the same airtight container, such as a Mason jar)
- Add the oats and stir until completely combined. The cocoa powder may be a little resistant to mix, just keep stirring. When incorporated, place the lid on the container.
- Place the container in the refrigerator for at least 5 hours and for the best consistency, overnight. It will be softened and completely ready to go in the morning! You can heat it up if you like, but it tastes delicious cold.
- Add the Lakanto Chocolate Chips & unsweetened coconut to the top of the oatmeal before serving.
Nutritional Info estimation based on ingredients listed. Servings per recipe: 2, 3.5 oz servings
- Calories: 115kcal
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 212mg
- Total Carbs: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugar Alcohols: 3g
- Net Carbs: 22g
Our third recipe is full of creaminess and flavor:
Blueberry, Vanilla & Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats:
One of the best combinations for flavor is vanilla, blueberries and lemons so we created this creamy, delicious recipe for overnight oats featuring our Lakanto Vanilla Monkfruit Extract. Cheesecake for breakfast? Yes, please.
As an added bonus, Blueberries are a superfood!
Ingredients for Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup unsweetened almond or oat milk (we used almond milk)
- 1 T fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ cup plain or vanilla nonfat Greek yogurt (we used plain Fage brand)
- 1 T Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2-4 drops Lakanto Vanilla Monkfruit Extract
- 2 T fresh blueberries
- zest from one lemon
Instructions for Blueberry Lemon Cheesecake Overnight Oats:
- Rinse blueberries.
- Divide the blueberries and place 1 T each in the bottom of two containers. Set the remaining 1 T of blueberries aside.
- Divide evenly between the two containers: rolled oats, almond milk, Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener, lemon juice, Lakanto Vanilla Monkfruit Extract and Greek yogurt. Stir until mixed well.
- Top the oat mixture with the remaining blueberries and with fresh lemon zest.
- Cover the jars and refrigerate overnight. Serve cold, or at room temperature, or warm in the microwave. Will keep well up to 5 days in refrigerator.
Nutritional Facts (Estimate) (per serving) makes 2, 4.5 oz servings
- Calories: 194kcal
- Fat: 3g
- Protein: 12g
- Sodium: 123mg
- Total Carbs: 28g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sugar Alcohols: 3g
- Net Carbs: 20g
Other great breakfast recipes:
Keto Granola Breakfast Parfait
I made the chocolate coconut overnight oats but used the original monkfruit sweetener. I also added so almond butter on top. So yummy and filling!