Sugar-Free Caramelized Pecans
A fast and easy way to caramelize pecans that's totally sugar-free. Personalize them according to your tastes for a treat you can throw on top of desserts or eat by the handful.
1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 cups of pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Heat pan on medium heat for one minute.
- Simmer butter, Maple Syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and pecans on medium heat for three minutes.
- Add 2 cups of pecans and stir to coat, stir while cooking an additional 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and put on a cookie tray.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes at 375 F.
- Remove to a wire rack and allow them to cool and harden about ½ hour.
- Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place.
- Add in some ginger, nutmeg, allspice, cloves, or any other spice blends (like pumpkin pie spice) that you love.
- Ground cayenne. Add a subtle--or not so subtle kick to your pecans. Add to taste.
- Coarse Salt for texture and flavor.
Try this product
Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup