Low-carb Spiced Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll
As we roll into pumpkin spice season, let's recreate a classic recipe. Removing all the sugar, and unhealthy, allergy-prone flours, we will use our latest product as the base: Pumpkin Spice Muffin Mix.
Sure, you can make a mix like this from scratch and still come out with a recipe just like this... but we wanted to make it easy, because there's a lot of pumpkin spice folks out there that are too busy playin' in pumpkin patches, apple orchards, and decorating porches for fall. There's also a ton of folks who want to throw something amazing and healthy on the buffet with less effort and zero guilt.
This recipe is for all y'all. Here's the time investment:
Prep Time: 10 min
Bake Time: 10-12 min
Chill Time: 30 min
Ready In: 1 hour
Ingredients for making a low-carb pumpkin spice cream cheese roll
Simple ingredients to make the pumpkin spice sheet cake:
- 1 pkg. Lakanto Pumpkin Spice Muffin & Bread Mix
- 3 eggs
- ⅔ c water
- ⅓ c coconut oil, melted & cooled
Simple ingredients to make a cream cheese filling:
- 1 (8 oz block) cream cheese, room temperature (Greek yogurt cream cheese works fine too)
- ½ cup Lakanto 2X Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener or 1 Cup of Lakanto 1x Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream (milk or dairy free milk works too)
How to Make the Pumpkin Roll
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a small jelly roll pan (9x13) with parchment paper. Spray with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine 1 package Lakanto Pumpkin Spice Muffin & Bread mix, eggs, water, and oil. Whisk until ingredients are mixed well.
- Pour onto the prepared pan and spread out the batter evenly.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until fully baked. Allow to slightly cool on the pan while you make the filling.
- In a medium bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, Lakanto powdered sweetener, vanilla extract, and heavy cream.
- Using a hand mixer, blend ingredients together until smooth.
- Carefully spread the filling evenly over the cooled cake. Not all the filling will fit on the cake, but you can keep the rest for extra filling on the side!
- Carefully remove the cake with the parchment paper from the pan to roll. Starting on one of the shorter ends of the cake, gently roll the cake into the shape of a log. This part takes patience! Try and spread your hands along the log to keep the cake from cracking as it rolls. Use the parchment paper to help you, but don’t roll the paper into the log. Use the parchment paper to help add support to the outside of the log. It won’t be perfect, but it will be yummy!
- Once it is rolled, wrap the log with the parchment paper, seal in a ziplock bag, and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the roll from the refrigerator and slice!
- Sprinkle with powdered sweetener before serving.
Nutritional Info Per Slice of Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll
This recipe makes 8 servings. The nutritional information for one serving is:
Saturated Fat: 15.5g
Total Carbs: 15g
Dietary Fiber: 7.5g
Sugar Alcohols: 4g
Net Carbs: 3.2g