Spice up your life and your brownies this Cinco de Mayo! The secret ingredients to these Mexican brownies are cayenne pepper and cinnamon. Whether you can tolerate a little heat or a lot, we fully support this flavor journey you're about to embark on- so if it's not hot enough, sprinkle on some more heat until the tears come.
Mexican Brownie Ingredients:
- 1 package Lakanto Brownie Mix
- ⅔ C melted butter or melted coconut oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ - 1 tsp cayenne powder
- ½ tsp salt
How to Make Mexican Brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 8x8 inch pan and set aside.
- Combine Brownie Mix, melted butter, eggs, ground cinnamon, cayenne powder, and salt with electric beaters until mixture is thick as a frosting consistency.
- Pour batter into 8x8 inch baking pan and spread evenly. Bake at 350 F for 20 - 25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- If additional spice is desired, sprinkle another teaspoon of cayenne powder and ground cinnamon on top of brownies while cooling down.