Ice cream fans love their sweet treat, especially in the summer months. Here at Lakanto recipe headquarters, we are working hard on more Keto, Sugar-Free Ice Cream Recipes for our customers!
From super easy, no churn ice creams to batches in a small electric ice cream maker. No matter how it’s made, ice cream can be sugar-free as a sweet creamy delicious treat.
Here's our version of Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream: Minty and creamy, with shreds of sugar-free chocolate pieces. YUM! Scrumptious anytime.
Ingredients for Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream:
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- ½ cup Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener (can substitute Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener)
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3 oz Plain Lakanto Chocolate Bar, shaved
- *Optional: a few drops natural green food coloring (alternative: 1 tsp Matcha Latte Powder or half an avocado)
Instructions for Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream:
- In a medium saucepan, add 1 cup heavy whipping cream, Lakanto Powdered Sweetener, and butter or coconut oil.
- Simmer over medium heat, stirring until butter/oil melts and Monkfruit Sweetener dissolves.
- Increase heat and bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour mixture into a glass storage container and let cool to room temperature.
- When mixture has cooled, add peppermint and vanilla extract, and natural food coloring or Matcha Latte powder and stir gently until incorporated.
- In a medium mixing bowl with electric mixer or in a bowl of stand mixer, add remaining cup of cream and whip to stiff peaks.
- Gently fold peppermint mixture into the whipped cream.
- Sprinkle shaved Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetened Chocolate over the top and gently fold.
- Freeze for 6-8 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, let soften on the counter for 10-15 minute until ready to scoop. If wanting a soft serve consistency, whip with an electric mixer prior to serving. Makes 6, ½ cup servings
NUTRITIONAL INFO (PER SERVING):
- Calories: 265cal
- Fat: 24g
- Protein: 2g
- Sodium 110mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugar Alcohols: 3g
- Net Carbs: 3g
other ice cream recipes:
Keto No-Churn Strawberry Ice Cream