Alison’s “life by chocolate” brownies
Why Alison Gannett Bakes Keto.
After finding out she had cancer, Alison drastically changed her diet. She analyzed her own DNA and got bloodwork and other tests done. She realized she needed to cut dairy and any inflammatory food from her diet.
But that doesn't stop her from enjoying one of her favorite things--brownies! And now you can enjoy them too with this grain-free, nut-free, keto-friendly, dairy-free version. It is so rich and chocolatey you won't even think about what's not in it.
Ingredients for Keto Dairy-Free Brownies
- 1 cup heat stable keto fat (melted solid fat or liquid neutral flavored keto fat)
- 5 ounces 100% organic dark chocolate
- ½ - 1 cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener or Lakanto Brown Monkfruit Sweetener
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar-free organic vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ cup water (omit for cookies)
- 4 organic pasture raised eggs*
*if eating as a pudding - they must be pasteurized or from a trusted farm
How to Make Perfect Keto Brownies
- In a double-boiler on low (or metal or glass bowl over a pan of water (do not let the bowl touch the water), mix baking chocolate with 1 cup keto fat of your choice.
- Add organic sugar-free vanilla extract (optional) and salt.
- Mix occasionally until melted and remove from heat.
- While this is slowly melting, put the Lakanto Golden Monkfruit sweetener into a food processor or blender (choose your amount by how sweet you like them). Blend until pulverized.
- Add ½ cup water (do not add water if making cookies) and 4 eggs and blend again.
- With the blender or food processor running, pour the melted slightly cooled chocolate thru the hole at the top, very slowly to combine. Pour too fast and you get scrambled eggs!
- Scoop or pour mixture into a silicone 12 muffin pan, or a muffin pan lined with unbleached muffin cups.
- At this point you can add optional toppings, but it is not necessary.
Bake at 325F for 8-15 minutes.
-If you are making brownies that need to stand up for travel or like a firm brownie versus a melty one - cook them a bit longer.
-If you want molten lava gooey brownies, go for a shorter cooking time - removing them when the center is still “jiggly”.
- Freeze or refrigerate before removing from the pan.
Tips to make these brownies even better.
- Use glass baby food jars, small mason jars, and/or ramekins (for a fancy looking dessert to impress your guests).
- If using a 8x8 pan - bake for about 30 minutes - they should still jiggle a bit. Cool and then refrigerate before serving.
- Try topping with Alison’s Dairy-free Cream with a little added sweetener and without the water for thick “cream".
- You can also top with chocolate chips, organic coconut flakes, etc.
Download this recipe for free at AlisonGannett.com
Copyright © 2020 | Alison Gannett LLC | All Rights Reserved | AlisonGannett.com