Cheesy and crunchy, these might just become your new favorite snack.
1/2 c Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2 Large Raw Egg Whites
1/4 tsp Cream of Tartar
- Place the cheddar on a dish and set it in your freezer. 1 hour should freeze your cheddar, but go longer if this is necessary.
- Once the cheddar is frozen, pulse it in a food processor into it has the texture of breadcrumbs. Set the cheddar aside for later - you may want to set it back in the freezer until you need it.
- Whip 2 egg whites in a stand mixer on high with the cream of tartar. Whip until you have stiff peaks. This process will go much faster if you use room-temp eggs.
- Preheat an oven to 300 degrees. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper as well. Fold the frozen cheddar crumbles into the egg whites. Be gentle to preserve the air incorporated into the egg whites. Then, transfer the cheato mix into a plastic bag for piping.
- Snip a small corner of your piping bag, and pipe your cheatos on the sheet tray. This recipe makes approx. 45-50 cheatos.
- Bake the cheatos for approx 25 minutes. The edges will be golden brown, the cheatos will be puffy, and they should easily move when you give the sheet tray a little shake.
This recipe was created with the Carb Manager App. You can easily add this recipe to your macros using Carb Manager Premium. Check it out here.