Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies (Sugar Free!)
These classic chocolate chip cookies are sugar free AND gluten free (but that doesn't mean anyone needs to know)! These tasty cookies are sweetened with monk fruit and baked in an air fryer. In our latest effort to try new methods of baking, the air fryer has won over the hearts of our test kitchen! If you don't currently own one, and you and your neighbor aren't currently at that point in the relationship where you can just come over to bake cookies in theirs, then a traditional oven is definitely still an option.
Sugar-free CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup Butter, slightly softened
- ½ cup Lakanto Classic Sweetener or Lakanto Baking Sweetener
- ¼ cup Lakanto Golden Sweetener
- 2 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 Egg
- ½ tsp. Baking soda
- ½ tsp. Salt
- 1 ¼ cup Gluten-free flour blend*
- ½ cup Lakanto Chocolate Chips
HOW TO MAKE AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- In a large bowl, mix the butter with an electric hand mixer for about 1 minute or until butter is creamy. Add in the sweeteners and vanilla. Mix until creamy, only about 6-8 seconds on low until there are no visible chunks of butter.
- Add in the egg and mix just until it is barely incorporated.
- Scrape all ingredients down the sides and along the bottom with a rubber spatula ensuring everything is incorporated together.
- Add in the flour, soda, and salt, and mix until dough forms. Add in the chocolate chips and gently stir them in with a spatula.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the air fryer basket. Scoop dough and flatten the cookie so it cooks evenly. If you don’t flatten the dough, the cookie will be doughy in the middle.
- Arrange the cookies on the parchment, evenly spacing them out. About 4 cookies will fit.
- Close the air fryer, set temperature to 300 degrees F, and the time for 9 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to rest on the pan for 5 minutes before removing. Repeat steps for baking the rest of the dough. Enjoy!
- Flours with more fat (like almond/coconut) will provide softer, more enjoyable cookies. We don't recommend using conventional flour, as the sweetener will crystalize and create a tougher texture.
- The air fryer is basically a mini convection oven. The circulating heat in the smaller space helps food cook faster, which will also make it slightly crispier compared to heating something up in a microwave. Each air fryer brand could have slightly different results and some might even have a slight 'broil' effect. The more you use it, the more you'll know what temperatures to cook food and for how long. Treat the first batch as a test and don't be afraid to peek on them in order to avoid over cooking.
- If you're looking for more tips and tricks on how to bake with Lakanto Monkfruit Sweeteners, check out our Baking Guide here! Tap the 'Download' button at the top of the page to get your own copy, or peruse the page and click the arrows to unfurl each sweetener section. Happy baking!
Nutritional Info (per serving): 1 cookieCalories: 157
Saturated Fat: 6.5g
Dietary Fiber: 2.4g
Sugar Alcohols: 12g
Total Carbs: 27g
Net Carbs: 12g
Total servings in recipe: 12