A Bite of Healthy's Mint Chocolate Truffles
1⁄2 c (1 stick) unsalted butter (softened)
4 oz cream cheese (softened)
1⁄4 tsp spirulina powder (this makes them green)
1 1⁄4 tsp peppermint extract
1⁄2 c Lakanto powdered sweetener
2 TBSP sugar-free chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
1 whole (3 oz) Lakanto Chocolate bar
1 TBSP butter or coconut oil
1. Start by adding softened butter and cream cheese to your stand mixer, mix until creamy.
2. Add spirulina powder, mix until it gives it this light green mint color.
3. Add peppermint extract and Lakanto powdered sweetener, (add sweetener slowly for better consistency) mix until incorporated
4. Add sugar-free chocolate chips, mix by hand
5. Take the dough and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or until it is no longer sticky.
6. Right before you take them out of the fridge make your chocolate. Melt your Lakanto chocolate bar in a double boiler on medium heat until melted, add butter until melted.
7. Take your truffles out of the fridge and roll into small balls with the palm of your hands. Place in fridge for a few minutes if they become sticky or too hard to manage. Then roll them in the chocolate until covered. Place on parchment paper. Put them back in the fridge to set for 30 minutes.
8. Store in the fridge
YIELDS: 12-14 truffles
Check out more Tasty Lakanto Recipes