Setting a theme for goal setting is like giving your aspirations a personalized soundtrack – it adds rhythm and harmony to your journey.
It’s about crafting a narrative that ties together your ambitions, creating a cohesive storyline for your goals. Whether it’s a year of growth, resilience, adventure, or simply a theme that resonates with your dreams, having a thematic approach infuses intentionality into your pursuits.
Personally, 2023 was a big building year for me. My goals revolved around building my business and career, building a strong body and resilient immune system, building great relationships, deepening family bonds and overall, just focusing on all the right things to build a great future. Looking back, I am super proud of what I accomplished. I feel like I’ve set the groundwork for this upcoming year.
2024 is going to be the year of trust. My goals revolve around focusing on the things I can control and letting go of all that I can’t. I want to be okay with not knowing all the time and leaning into uncertainty. This year I want to trust that things will unfold as they should.
Alright, folks, let’s talk about the three main categories in the game: physical, mental, and business/financial goals. It’s like this - your physical goals keep you healthy, mental goals keep your mind sharp, and business/financial goals set you up for that success. So, buckle up and let’s dive into the world of balanced living where we’re aiming to crush it in every way possible!”
To give you a little nudge, here are some great examples of new year goals…
Physical goals can be the following:
- Healthy eating and nutrition
- Regular exercise and training smart for your body
- Improve gut health and building a stronger immune system
- Achieve your ideal bodyweight or maintain your ideal weight
- Improve energy levels and increase hydration
- Get better sleep
- Stress and anxiety management
- Create more spontaneity and adventure in your life
- Create a nontoxic home to live in by using clean and safe products
- Mindfulness, meditation and breath work practice
- Self-care goals revolved around better self-talk, setting boundaries and building healthier relationships
- If you’re a workaholic, setting a goal to have better balance between work and personal life
- Entrepreneurial goals - start that business you’ve always wanted to
- Financial goals - make better financial decisions and manifest abundance
Remember, these goals are just examples, and it’s essential to tailor them to your specific needs, preferences, and circumstances. Additionally, it’s advisable to consult with healthcare professionals or wellness experts when setting and pursuing new goals.
To wrap this up, I’d love for you to join me in this 8-week journey exploring some great healthy habits to kick off the new year together! Grab a notebook and write some of your personal goals down for 2024. I hope over the next two months you’ll be able to draw inspiration from my habits as you work to achieve your goals!
Use this playlist to inspire your goal setting
Weekly posts published weekly on Wednesday, or catch up on all Crosby posts here.