For those of us who love peanut butter, we’re always looking for new ways to use it. Going straight in with a spoon is one way to do it, but that can get boring after a while. To keep things interesting, here are 11 creative ways to use peanut butter.
Before you get into peanut butter bliss, there’s something to keep in mind when choosing your brand. When you’re buying peanut butter, check the label for sneaky ingredients like sugar, high-fructose corn syrup, industrial oils, and other not-so-great ingredients.
Lakanto Peanut Butter Spread that contains peanuts, salt, and a touch of monk fruit sweetener—that’s it!
Now, let’s get to your new favorite peanut buttery creations.
- Whip up some 4-ingredient PB cup energy balls. Mix peanut butter, quick oats, monk fruit sweetener to taste, and a handful of chocolate chips. Mix and shape into balls, then stash them in the fridge for quick energy.
- Make peanut butter chocolate fat bombs. Simply combine melted peanut butter, coconut oil, and monk fruit sweetener to taste. Pour the mixture into a mini muffin tin lined with cupcake liners or a silicone chocolate mold. Then refrigerate until solid.
- Spread peanut butter on waffles or pancakes instead of syrup. Or, use both!
- Make PB swirl yogurt. Mix 2-3 vanilla monk fruit drops into plain yogurt, then swirl in peanut butter for the best apple dip you've ever had.
- Make ahead keto peanut butter bars for a grab-and-go snack that's ready when you are
- Use peanut spread as a frosting alternative on top of chocolate muffins or brownies.
- Top smoothies and smoothie bowls with a drizzle of peanut butter.
- Make PB & J “sushi” by spreading peanut butter and jelly on tortillas, then rolling them up and slicing into little rolls.
- Mix up a salad dressing. Combine rice vinegar, your favorite neutral oil, a little bit of soy sauce, chopped ginger and garlic, rice vinegar, and a little peanut butter for a Thai-inspired salad dressing. Add some hot pepper flakes and a few monk fruit drops for a sweet and spicy spin!
- Mix it with oatmeal for a nutty and filling breakfast.
- Prep PB & J bites. Make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, then cut into bite-sized pieces and freeze in a single layer. Once frozen, store them in a zip-top bag in the freezer for a quick snack.
What are other ways to enjoy peanut butter? Let us know in the comments! Looking for more high-protein, energy-sustaining snacks with no added sugar? Check out these 8 portable, easy snacks!
These peanut butter ideas sound wonderful