A lower carb, flavorful, sugar-free cake that is melt-in-your-mouth worthy. With a classic vanilla flavor, no one will guess it has no added sugar! Great for a weekend potluck dinner, cupcakes for a work treat, or a birthday cake for someone special.
We doubled this recipe and used food coloring to make a rainbow cake with 6 layers. We used this delicious, sugar-free buttercream recipe in between each layer.
Sugar-Free Vanilla Cake Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour (we used Bob's Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup super fine blanched almond flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 1 ½ cups Lakanto Baking Sweetener
- 3 eggs plus one egg white, all room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsweetened plain Greek yogurt
Sugar-Free Vanilla Cake Instructions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, place rack in center of oven.
- Grease and flour a 9×13 pan or round 9" pans, and line with parchment paper. Or use a cupcake pan and 12 liners.
- Mix flours, baking powder, baking soda and salt together and set aside.
- Crack 3 eggs plus one white into a bowl, discard extra egg yolk. Set aside.
- Beat butter and Lakanto Baking Sweetener with a mixer in a large bowl until light and fluffy for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the room-temperature eggs, and additional egg white one at a time, allowing each egg yolk to blend into the butter mixture before adding the next. Mix in vanilla extract.
- Spoon in the unsweetened Greek yogurt, mixing until just incorporated.
- Add all dry ingredients to bowl and mix lightly just until incorporated. Mix for 20-30 seconds more.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan(s).
- Bake at 350 degrees F 35 minutes Bake until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out with a few moist crumbs attached or the top springs back when touched lightly. Let cool completely before frosting.
1 recipe =12 slice serving size
NUTRITIONAL INFO (PER SERVING):
- Calories: 165
- Fat: 12g
- Protein: 2.5
- Carbohydrates: 14.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 2g
- Sugar Alcohols: 3g
- Net Carbs: 9.5g
ese other Keto Friendly cake recipes made with Lakanto Sweeteners: