Ginger ale is perfect for a simple holiday drink for kids and adults or as a base for fancier cocktails. This homemade, sugar-free ginger ale will quickly become a favorite drink for guests of all ages.
- 1 1/2 cups chopped, peeled, fresh ginger (7 ounces)
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener (also available in Organic)
- About 1 quart chilled seltzer or club soda
- About 3 tbsp fresh lime juice
- Make syrup:
- Cook ginger in water in a small saucepan at a low simmer, partially covered, 45 minutes. Remove from heat and let steep, covered, for an additional 20 minutes.
- Strain mixture through a sieve into a bowl, pressing on ginger and then discarding.
- Return liquid to the saucepan and add Monkfruit Sweetener and a pinch of salt, then heat over medium, stirring, until Sweetener has dissolved.
- Chill syrup in a covered jar until cold.
- Assemble drinks:
- Mix ginger syrup with seltzer and lime juice (start with 1/4 cup syrup and 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice per 3/4 cup seltzer, then adjust to taste)
Ginger syrup keeps, chilled, for about one week.