Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sugar-Free Maple Syrup
Brussels Sprouts with the sweet and tangy balsamic glaze are perfect for the holidays but simple enough for a side dish with all your favorite meals, year-round.
Ingredients for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sugar-Free Maple Syrup:
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts trimmed, and halved length-wise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 strips bacon cut into 1/4 inch pieces (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar or more, to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Sugar-Free Maple Syrup:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet (we like to line it with parchment paper) toss together the halved Brussels Sprouts, olive oil and a large pinch of salt and pepper. Turn the sprouts so they are all cut side down on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle pieces of bacon evenly over the sprouts.
- Roast in the preheated oven until tender and browned, and the outer leaves are crispy, about 20 minutes. Pro tip: after ten minutes flip them over for more even browning.
- In a small bowl, mix the Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup and Balsamic vinegar together.
- Remove Brussels Sprouts from the oven and toss immediately with the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar and extra salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning. Cook for 2-3 minutes more to complete caramelizing. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Info (per serving): (list serving size) ½ cup
Fat: 13 g
Saturated Fat: 3g
Total Carbs: 18g
Sugar Alcohols: 4g
Net Carbs: 4g
Total servings in recipe: 4
Read about the nutritious benefits of Brussels Sprouts in our article on Seasonal Eating: Fall and Winter Vegetables
more Savory recipes here featuring Monkfruit Sweetener