This Pear & Pecan Salad is everything you could ask for in a salad including being Keto, gluten-free & no sugar added.
Crispy romaine & fresh greens paired perfectly with fresh, juicy pear, creamy gorgonzola bleu cheese, candied pecans or Lakanto Keto Candied Nuts, and a smoky, tangy sugar-free bacon vinaigrette dressing featuring our Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup. It's fairly quick to throw together for a stand-alone meal or side salad. It's also a big crowd pleaser for a gathering with friends and family. The flavor combo is to die for!
Ingredients for Pear & Pecan Salad with Maple Bacon Vinaigrette:
- 1 head Romaine lettuce washed and chopped
- 1 16 oz package Spring Mix or Spinach
- 1 1/2 cups Gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 2-3 ripe pears, Green Anjou or Bartlett (cut into chunks just before serving)
- 1 cup Lakanto Keto Candied Nuts or make your own Candied Pecans
- 1/2 lb bacon (thick cut & diced)
- 2-3 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup
Instructions for Pear & Pecan Salad with Maple Bacon Vinaigrette:
- Whisk together the apple cider vinegar, mustard, and Lakanto Maple Syrup. Set aside.
- Cook bacon over medium high heat until bacon is crispy. Remove bacon from pan, leaving the fat in the pan and set aside.
- Add olive oil to the pan to have about 4 tablespoons fat total.
- Slowly add apple cider vinegar mixture into pan, whisking as you add. Simmer for about 2 minutes, just until the dressing coats the back of a spoon.
- Season the dressing with salt and pepper and add half of the cooked bacon back into the warm dressing, but save the rest for the top of the salad.
- In a large bowl or platter, toss the greens, sliced pears, about half of the dressing, and pecans/nuts.
- Top with Gorgonzola cheese, an extra drizzling of dressing, and the crumbled bacon. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Info (per serving) makes 8, 5 oz servings
- Calories: 268kcal
- Fat: 18g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Protein: 8g
- Sodium: 368mg
- Total Carbs: 13g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sugars: 12g
- Sugar Alcohols: 6g
- Net Carbs: 2g
try some other delicious Lakanto salad recipes here and here