Low carb rosemary parmesan scones
Scones of different flavors are really fun to experiment with. We thought about the need for a savory bread item to go along with a dinner of soup and salad as we were creating this recipe. It's true: you can have your keto and your bread, too.
Lakanto Pancake and All-Purpose Baking Mix makes a great scone. This recipe for Low-Carb Rosemary Parmesan Scones is sure to delight the avid keto baker as well as your family or guests who still live the bread-driven life. Place them in a basket as a table bread, slice them open and use for a rustic sandwich bread, or drizzle with local honey and serve with tea for a balanced afternoon delight...
Ingredients for Low-carb Rosemary Parmesan Scones
- 2 cups Lakanto Pancake & Baking Mix
- 3 tsp dried rosemary, chopped
- ¾ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter, cold
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- ½ cup heavy cream or milk
Instructions for making Low-carb Rosemary Parmesan Scones
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the baking mix, rosemary, garlic powder, and salt.
- Cut the cold butter into small cubes to make mixing easier. Using a pastry cutter, or the back of a fork, cut the butter into the dry ingredients. Mix in until the butter resembles pea sized crumbs.
- Add the egg, heavy cream, and Parmesan. Mix together until just combined.
- Form dough into an 8-inch circle on the cookie sheet. Cut into 8 wedges, and slightly separate each wedge.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Drizzle with melted butter and extra chopped rosemary if desired.
Nutritional Info for Low-carb Rosemary Parmesan Scones
Serving size: 1 scone/biscuit
Total Carbs: 16.01g
Net Carbs: 1.56g
Sugar Alcohols: 5.25g