Egg Nog is a must-have for the holiday season. You won’t believe how easy it is to make this delicious classic in a way that is keto-friendly and sugar-free.
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 4 cups unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract divided
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (coconut cream for dairy-free)
- 1 tbsp Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
- Whiskey rum, or brandy, if desired
- Whisk eggs, yolks, sweetener, and salt together in a large saucepan. Slowly whisk in milk until well combined. Using a candy thermometer, cook mixture over low heat while stirring constantly, until it becomes thick enough to coat the back of a spoon and registers 165F (this can take up to 15 minutes).
- Stir in 2 tsp vanilla and nutmeg. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and chill for at least three hours and up to 2 days.
- Just before serving, whip coconut or heavy cream with Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener and remaining vanilla into soft peaks and gently fold into the egg mixture. Add 1 oz liquor or liqueur to each glass and pour eggnog over. Stir gently and sprinkle with grated nutmeg.
How many servings and what is the serving size?
Please provide a “print” button