By Blaire Flory
This Instant Pot Keto Spicy, Cheesy Chicken Super Bowl Dip is going change your Super Bowl!
I have to be honest, I’m not a huge football fan. Truthfully, I can only really watch football on the TV because they draw the yard markings for you. When I go to football games, I only remember what I ate while there. I am, however, a huge fan of anything that encourages snacking. I have a deep love for snacks. If it were socially acceptable, it would be my favorite meal of day, despite not even being a meal. Snacks are noncommittal, easy, and when done right, totally and deliciously addictive. To me, Superbowl Sunday could just as well be called “Super Snack Sunday.” This year, however, I realize that many of us are a little tired of cooking (but not snacking), which inspired this recipe; it is so easy, it’s almost magic. This is a total crowd-pleaser snack, it’s like buffalo barbecue chicken wings but as a luscious dip. I love the crunch that the celery adds (and I’m not even a celery person), this is a winner for Keto and non-Keto-ers alike. Go team! Go snacks!
Instant Pot Spicy Keto Chicken Dip Ingredients
- 4-6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 16oz. jar of tomato sauce (any kind, preferably one with no added sugar)
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (Classic or Golden)
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos or gluten-free tamari (sub soy sauce if not GF)
- 1 tbsp arrowroot starch/flour (optional, just thickens the sauce)
- 1-3 tbsp hot sauce, to taste (more if you love heat)
- 2 tsp salt, more to taste
- 1 cup cream cheese, optional (for creaminess, omit if dairy-free)
- 1/2-1 cup cheese (I use blue cheese, but cheddar and goat cheese are great too, totally up to you.)
- Celery sticks
HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT SPICY KETO CHICKEN DIP
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot and stir together.
- Select the “Pressure Cook” button and select HIGH for 35 minutes. Click “keep warm” to start cooking. Don’t forget to make sure the tap on the lid is set to “sealing” not “venting.”
- When finished cooking, flip the lid tab to “venting” to open the lid.
- Using either two forks or a hand mixer, shred the chicken (using a hand mixer will do this in about 15 seconds, but if you do it by hand you can decide exactly how shredded you want the chicken to be).
- Transfer to an oven-safe baking dish and top with your choice of cheese, set the oven on low broil. Cook until the cheese is melted.
- Serve with celery sticks.