Ever since the rise in popularity of the power smoothie and zoodles, we've been searching for even more ways to get antioxidant and vitamin-rich vegetables into more of the things we actually enjoy eating. Some brilliant (likely a mom) person decided that brownies are one of those recipes that can hide the flavor of added veggies. And what better way to use up some of that zucchini you have in your garden or a "gift" from a neighbor.
You may be trying this recipe to get more vegetables in your kids' bellies, or this may be for those of us adulting pretty well but still struggling with hitting our recommended daily veggie servings... no matter why you're here to check out zucchini brownies, we hope this will be a win in your kitchen and a recipe to turn to again and again.
Ingredients for Chocolate Frosted Zucchini Brownies
This recipe uses our Gluten Free, Sugar-Free Lakanto Brownie Mix as the base. Following the package directions, you'll want to add the extra ingredient(s) to make your brownies cake-like so that the zucchini bakes well and blends into the brownie texture better.
Zucchini Brownie Mixture
- 1 bag Lakanto Brownie Mix (stock up with a 3-pack of Brownie Mix)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp water
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coarsely shredded zucchini (about 1 medium)
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips
Chocolate Frosting Mixture
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cup Powdered Lakanto Sweetener
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 4-6 Tbsp. almond milk
How to make Chocolate Frosted Zucchini Brownies
With only a few extra ingredients and minutes, you'll take a basic brownie to fiber-town with the addition of fresh zucchini. The frosting is also a breeze, and adds that creamy top hat that will make kids squeal and adults drool.
Zucchini Brownie Instructions
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Squeeze extra moisture out of shredded zucchini with paper towel
- Make brownie batter as directed on box for cake-like brownies.
- Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until toothpick inserted 2 inches from side of pan comes out almost clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
Chocolate Frosting Instructions
- Cream butter.
- Add in other ingredients, except for the milk.
- Start mixing, adding in milk a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Spread over cooled brownies and allow to set for 30 minutes before cutting and serving.
Nutritional Information for Chocolate Frosted Zucchini Brownies
All of Lakanto baking mixes are keto-friendly and perfect for low-carb and Keto diets. You can make these mixes vegan/vegetarian very easily by swapping the egg for either banana or flax seed. Nutritional information provided is based on recipe listed.
More Brownie recipes to love:
Chewy Keto Brownies