Looking for more ways to get the superfood chia seeds into your diet? Have you tried chia pudding? All the benefits of chia seeds in a delicious, convenient snack.
To soften chia seeds, they really need to soak overnight. While you have to be a little proactive, it sure does make mornings pleasant to wake up, open your fridge, and pull out a creamy, nutrient-dense breakfast. The process is simple—you just have to remember to do it.
Ingredients for Overnight Almond Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 tbs chia seeds
- 9 drops Lakanto Liquid Extract
Garnish (as you wish):
- blackberries, or any other low-glycemic fresh berry
- Lakanto Chocolate Bar (shaved)
- raw, unsweetened coconut flakes
Directions for making Overnight Chia Seed Pudding
- Mix chia seeds, almond milk, and Lakanto Liquid Extract together in a bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Make sure to stir very well before chilling so all the seeds can rehydrate.
- Place pudding in individual cups and top with berries and chocolate shavings as desired!
This recipe was created with the Carb Manager App.
Benefits of chia seeds
A little seed packs a lot of nutrients. One ounce of chia seeds contains:
- Fiber: 11 grams.
- Protein: 4 grams.
- Fat: 9 grams
- Omega-3s: about 5g
- Calcium: 18% of the RDI.
- Manganese: 30% of the RDI.
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDI.
- Phosphorus: 27% of the RDI.
- They also contain significant amounts of zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin B3 (niacin), potassium, vitamin B1 (thiamine) and vitamin B2.