Almond Chia Seed Pudding
Looking for more ways to get the superfood chia seeds into your diet? Have you tried chia pudding? All the benefits of chia seeds in a delicious, convenient snack.
To soften chia seeds, they really need to soak overnight. While you have to be a little proactive, it sure does make mornings pleasant to wake up, open your fridge, and pull out a creamy, nutrient-dense breakfast. The process is simple—you just have to remember to do it;)
Ingredients for Overnight Almond Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 4 tbs chia seeds
- 9 drops Lakanto Liquid Extract
Garnish (as you wish):
- blackberries, or any other low-glycemic fresh berry
- Lakanto Chocolate Bar (shaved)
- raw, unsweetened coconut flakes
Directions for making Overnight Chia Seed Pudding
Mix chia seeds, almond milk, and Lakanto Liquid Extract together in a bowl.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit in the fridge overnight. Make sure to stir very well before chilling so all the seeds can rehydrate.
Place pudding in individual cups and top with berries and chocolate shavings as desired!
This recipe was created with the Carb Manager App.
Benefits of chia seeds
A little seed packs a lot of nutrients. One ounce of chia seeds contains:
- Fiber: 11 grams.
- Protein: 4 grams.
- Fat: 9 grams
- Omega-3s: about 5g
- Calcium: 18% of the RDI.
- Manganese: 30% of the RDI.
- Magnesium: 30% of the RDI.
- Phosphorus: 27% of the RDI.
- They also contain significant amounts of zinc, phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin B3 (niacin), potassium, vitamin B1 (thiamine) and vitamin B2.