Easy Air Fryer Keto Churros
No need to wait for your next summer fair to enjoy these hot, buttery churros! Soft on the inside, crispy on the outside and coated in melted butter with cinnamon and Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener sprinkled on top. You'll see these disappear as quickly as they come out of the air fryer! These churros are not only a crowd pleaser, but check the boxes when it comes to tasty, sugar-free, gluten-free, and keto-friendly.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Keto Churros
- ¾ c almond flour, blanched
- ½ c coconut flour
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup Lakanto Classic or Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 c water
- 2 tbsp. butter
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 2-3 T butter, melted
Cinnamon Coating Ingredients:
- 1 T ground cinnamon
- 1 T Lakanto Golden or Classic Monkfruit Sweetener (we LOVE Golden for the topping)
Making Keto Churros in the Air Fryer:
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, and salt. Whisk together and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, add the water, butter, cinnamon, Lakanto Classic Sweetener, and vanilla. Whisk and the ingredients until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and allow the mixture to rest for 3 minutes.
- Once slightly cooled, pour the stove-top mixture into the bowl of dry ingredients. Stir together with a wooden spoon until combined. Don't add the egg yet so it doesn't cook from the heated liquid.
- Once mixed, add the egg and stir until the mixture forms a ball of dough.
- Scoop dough into a piping bag with a star tip. You can also use a plastic bag and cut a corner if you don’t have a piping bag.
- Pipe 3-inch long pieces in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Cook at 330 degrees F for about 10 minutes, or until dough is cooked through. Repeat the process with remaining dough.
- In a small bowl, mix the cinnamon and Lakanto Golden Sweetener.
- Using a basting brush, brush the churros with melted butter and sprinkle over or roll in cinnamon/sweetener mixture.
- Enjoy right away while the churros are still warm.
- Air fryers can vary when it comes to temperature and baking times. Test your first batch to make sure they don't over or undercook. Adjust baking time and temperature accordingly.
- We found it best to bake the churros on parchment paper or directly in the air fryer basket. When baking on aluminum foil the churros came out burned.
- If you don't have an air fryer, you can bake these churros on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper in an oven at 380 F for 10 - 15 minutes (or until crispy to your liking).
Nutritional Info (per serving): 1 churro (6 inches)
Saturated Fat: 5g
Total Carbs: 16g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Sugar Alcohols: 18g
Net Carbs: 2.9g
Total servings in recipe: 8