Vegan, Sugar-Free Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Glaze
Sugar-Free, eggless and dairy-free, this simple vegan cinnamon roll recipe comes together easily with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry. Just proof, roll out, and bake. They come out golden brown and the sweet cinnamon goodness made with our new Brown Sweetener is all bubbly and caramelized. The aroma that fills your house is just incredible. No complicated steps and sugar-free. WIN/WIN!
Ingredients for Vegan, Sugar-Free Cinnamon Rolls:
- 3 T vegan butter
- 1 packet instant yeast
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 T Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp organic cane sugar or honey (to help the yeast grow)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour (can sub gluten-free all-purpose flour for slightly less fluffy dough)
- 3 T vegan butter
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Brown Sweetener
- 1 T ground cinnamon
Instructions for Vegan, Sugar-Free Cinnamon Rolls:
- In a large sauce pan heat the almond milk, Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener and vegan butter until warm and melted, never reaching boiling. Remove from heat and let cool to 110 degrees F. (about the temperature of bath water) Making sure it's not too hot or it will kill the yeast.
Transfer mixture to a large bowl and pour in the yeast. Let activate for 10 minutes. Then add 1 tsp sugar and the salt and stir.
Next add in flour 1/2 cup at a time, stirring as you add. The dough will be sticky. When it is too thick to stir, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so (be careful not to overmix) until it forms a ball. Rinse or wipe bowl out, coat with avocado or olive oil and place the dough back in. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for about 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
FILLING: On a floured surface, roll out the dough into a thin rectangle, about 1/4-inch thick. Brush with melted vegan butter and top with Lakanto Brown Sweetener and cinnamon.
Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough with the seam side down. Then with a serrated knife, cut the dough into 1.5" sections and place in a buttered or oiled 9" round or 8×8-inch square pan. If preparing the cinnamon rolls the night before, stop here, cover the pan, and refrigerate overnight, then proceed with the next step in the morning.
Brush with vegan butter (melted) and cover with plastic wrap. Set on top of the oven to let rise again while you preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Once the oven is hot, bake rolls for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
While rolls are baking, make the Sugar-Free Maple Glaze. (recipe below)
Let rolls cool for a few minutes, drizzle on glaze and then serve immediately.
Although a glaze isn't really necessary (the rolls are divine on their own) this Sugar-Free Glaze using our Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener and Maple flavored Syrup is an easy last minute addition that will send these over the top.
Maple Sugar-Free Glaze
Ingredients for Maple Sugar-Free Glaze
Instructions for Maple Sugar-Free Glaze
- With a whisk or electric mixer, combine Lakanto Powdered Sweetener and Lakanto Maple flavored Syrup together in a bowl until smooth. Add milk until desired consistency.
- Drizzle over slightly warm cinnamon rolls
To store leftovers, wrap these Sugar-free, Vegan Cinnamon Rolls up and chill them in the fridge for up to 48 hours.
Nutrition Facts: Serving Size 1 cinnamon roll, servings 12
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 5g
Total Carbs: 36 g
Sugar Alcohols: 11g
Net Carbs: 18g