Sugar-Free Steak Dry Rub
At Lakanto we're using Monkfruit Sweetener to kick off this grilling season without adding sugar, which most traditional dry rubs use. This spice mix is the perfect sweet and smokey blend to infuse your steak, ribs, pulled pork, or chicken drumsticks before they're ready for the grill. Throwing it in a smoker? Great!
Once the dry rub is seasoning the meat, it will be ready in as little as 30 minutes (or longer if a stronger flavor is preferred). The star ingredient to making it sweet is Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener. Need a bag? You can find some here!
Sugar-Free Steak Dry Rub Ingredients:
- ¼ cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 T onion powder
- 1 T garlic powder
- 1 T smoked paprika
- 1 T chipotle or chili powder
How to Make Sugar-Free Steak Dry Rub
- Measure all ingredients into a small mixing bowl and thoroughly mix to fully incorporate spices.
- Rub mix on all sides of your favorite cut of meat.
- Let meat sit for 30 minutes prior to grilling in order to soak up flavors.
- Use fresh spices for best taste
- Keep heat at 350 degrees or below
Nutritional Info (per serving):
Calories: 4 kcal
Saturated Fat: .0
Total Carbs: .75
Sugar Alcohols: .08
Net Carbs: 0.36
Total servings in recipe: 10-12
Did you try this dry rub recipe? We'd love to hear how it went! Comment below or tag us with photos on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, TikTok, or Twitter.