This sugar-free cookie is the perfect blend of pumpkin, spice and hint of maple from our sugar-free Maple Flavored Syrup in the cream cheese frosting. This melt-in-your-mouth cookie is soft and almost cake-like and filled with a blend of nutmeg, cinnamon, and cloves and sweetness using both our Brown and Classic Sweeteners, It’s like a little piece of soft-pillowy pumpkin heaven that earns its melt-in-your-mouth status.
Ingredients for Sugar-Free Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1 egg
- ⅛ cup avocado oil
- ⅛ cup butter room temperature
- ½ cup Lakanto Brown Monkfruit Sweetener
- ⅛ cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- ½ cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups gluten-free or All-Purpose flour (to make this Keto, use ¾ cup sifted almond flour, ¼ cup coconut flour and 2 T unflavored protein powder)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ tsp allspice
- ¼ tsp ginger powder
- (or use 2 T Pumpkin Pie Spice for the above 5)
Sugar-Free Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 oz cream cheese (not low fat)
- 2 T butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup
- 1 ½ cups Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- milk or cream to thin if needed
Instructions for Sugar-Free Pumpkin Cookies with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack in center of oven.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, and softened butter together. Add Lakanto Classic and Brown Sweeteners and mix just until smooth and Sweeteners are dissolved. On low speed, mix in canned pumpkin, and vanilla. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients to the bowl and mix all at once on low. Mix just until wet and dry ingredients are incorporated. Do not over mix. The mixture should be soft, but not wet. If needed, add 1-2 tablespoons flour.
- Spoon or scoop the batter out onto a parchment lined or lightly greased cookie sheet, about 9 cookies per sheet.
- Bake until the tops feel firm about 12-15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Using paddle attachment or beaters on hand held mixer, beat cream cheese and butter together until smooth.
- Add vanilla and Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup, mix again.
- Add Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener, cinnamon, salt and mix on low until blended and mixed well, about one minute on medium speed.
- Add milk or cream if needed to thin frosting to spreading consistency.
- Frost cookies when completely cooled. Refrigerate any cookies not eaten within a day.
- Cookies are best when eaten within 2 days.
Nutritional Info: (Keto version) makes 12, 3” cookies
Saturated Fat: 7g
Total Carbs: 8g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Sugar Alcohols: 2g
Net Carbs: 2g
more Sugar-Free cookie recipes:
learn about our Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener made especially for baking here