By Blaire Flory of the Compliant Chef
There’s something about a parfait that screams spring to me. Maybe it’s the pop of colors and fun arrangements or a shift away from the decadent desserts of winter’s holidays (although I’m always the last to give those up). I love a parfait because it’s equally great as a breakfast food as it is for a proper evening dessert, which makes it incredibly versatile. The coconut buttercream is incredibly easy, but transforms the lemon poppyseed cake— the raspberry sauce adds a nice pop of tartness.
Ingredients for Lemon Poppyseed Parfait with Coconut Buttercream:
- 1 package Lakanto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Mix
- 1 cup +1/4 cup butter, room temperature (1/4 C for muffin mix)
- 1/2 cup water (muffin mix)
- 3 eggs (muffin mix)
- One 13.5-ounce can unsweetened coconut cream (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup + 3 tablespoons Lakanto Powder Sweetener (divided)
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries or any berries of choice
- Pinch of salt
Putting together the Lemon Poppy Seed parfait:
- Make 1 Lakanto Lemon Poppy Seed Muffin Mix according to the package’s instructions with the 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup water, and 3 eggs. Bake in either a muffin tin or a cake pan.
- When the cake has cooled down, slice into cubes and set aside.
- Place 1 cup of butter and 13.5 oz can of coconut cream in a medium-sized bowl and beat together until well combined and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and 3/4 cup of Lakanto Powdered Sweetener, adding more to taste if desired. Set aside.
- Combine raspberries and 3 tablespoons of Lakanto Powdered Sweetener in a small pan over medium heat. Cook and stir until raspberries break down and the Powdered Sweetener is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Starting with the cubes of lemon poppy seed cake, alternate layers of the cake, coconut cream, and raspberries until filled to the top. This can be made as individual parfaits or in a larger bowl. Garnish with extra berries if desired. Enjoy!