Sep 30, 2020 ·
BY ANGELINA PAPANIKOLAOU OF BAKED AMBROSIA
- 2 cups (280 g) graham crackers (2 sleeves)
- ¼ cup (50 g) Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener or Lakanto Brown Monkfruit Sweetener
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¾ cup (170 g) butter, melted
- 4-8 oz (907 g) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (200 g) Lakanto Monkfruit Baking Sweetener
- ¼ cup (31 g) all-purpose flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 4 eggs + 1 egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup (240 g) sour cream
- Sliced strawberries, for topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line the sides of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Grease the sides and bottom of the pan and set aside.
- To make the crust, place graham crackers, Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener or Brown Sweetener, cinnamon, and salt into the bowl of a food processor. Process until fine crumbs. Mix in melted butter until the crumbs are moistened.
- Evenly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 325°F. Place a large roasting pan in the bottom rack of your oven. Boil about 6 cups of water and carefully place water in the roasting pan.
- To make the cheesecake, add the cream cheese, Lakanto Monkfruit Baking Sweetener, and flour to a bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on low speed until smooth and creamy, about 3-5 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and mix on low for another minute.
- In a large glass measuring cup, add the eggs, egg yolk, vanilla bean paste, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Whisk to combine.
- Add the egg mixture to the cream cheese in 5 additions, mixing on low speed, scraping down the bowl before each addition.
- Finally, mix in the sour cream until completely incorporated.
- Pour the cheesecake batter into the graham cracker crust. Smooth out the top and give it a couple of bangs on the counter to remove any air bubbles.
- Place the cheesecake in the middle rack, directly above the roasting pan of water.
- Quickly close the oven door and bake for 1 hour 10 minutes–1 hour 20 minutes. The cheesecake will be done when there is a slight jiggle when you gently shake the pan.
- Turn the oven off and leave the door ajar. Let the cheesecake cool in the oven for 1 hour to set. Refrigerate the cheesecake for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- Once the cheesecake has completely set, carefully remove from the springform pan and transfer to a serving plate.
- Slice and top with Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener and sliced strawberries!
- Store any leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Cheesecake - 16 servingsServing Size: 1 slice
Sugar: 4 g
Sodium: 250 mg
Fat: 34 g
Saturated Fat: 21 g
Unsaturated Fat: 4 g
Trans Fat: 0 g
Carbohydrates: 12 g
Fiber: 1 g
Protein: 7 g
Cholesterol: 141 mg