A lip-smacking, luscious keto pudding that tastes like a classic Southern recipe but with fewer carbs and no added sugar. Unlike high-carb recipes of banana pudding, this recipe uses Monkfruit Sweetener and a high quality banana extract to achieve a delicious classic dessert without the carbs. We also added our Keto Crunchy Cookies to give this dessert some crunch and texture and still Keto friendly. Pair the Banana Pudding with homemade Sugar-Free Whipped Cream and you've got a match made in heaven.
Tips for Making the Perfect Keto Banana Pudding:
*Cover the pudding with plastic wrap when you chill before serving to prevent a
*When whisking the egg mixture into the warm cream, whisk continuously. If the cream is too hot, the eggs will begin to cook.
*It is an effort, but once the egg mixture and the cream are blended, keep stirring for the creamiest texture.
*The Xanthum gum will thicken the pudding to a certain point. If you want a firmer pudding, sub 1 T Cornstarch mixed into a slurry with cold water. Add before cooking the last 5 minutes.
Ingredients in Keto Banana Pudding:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 tsp pure banana extract
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp xanthan gum (or 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch, mixed with 1 T cold water)
- ½ tsp salt
- Lakanto Keto Crunchy Cookies (optional)
- Sugar-Free Whipped Cream (optional)
Instructions for Keto Banana Pudding:
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the cream and milk and bring to a boil.
- In a bowl, whisk 4 egg yolks with the Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener and salt until combined.
- Slowly incorporate ½ of the hot cream/milk into the yolk mixture. Whisk continuously to avoid cooking the yolks. Return the mixture from the bowl to the saucepan with the remaining ½. Continue to whisk! Cook for an additional 5-6 minutes until slightly thickened. (add in cornstarch if using for a thickener)
- Turn off the heat and then add the butter, banana extract, and vanilla extract.
- Add the xanthan gum and whisk well to combine.
- Pour into desired serving dish. Allow to cool at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Makes 5, 1/2 cup servings
- You can make some beautiful layers of pudding and Lakanto Keto Crunchy Cookies and on top of that, add some Sugar-Free Whipped Cream.
Nutritional Info in Sugar-Free Banana Pudding (estimation, per serving 6 servings per recipe)
- Calories: 268kcal
- Fat: 31g
- Protein: 10g
- Sodium: 360mg
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Dietary Fiber: 1g
- Sugar Alcohols: 2g
- Net Carbs: 2g
Some other great Banana Recipes: