Whether you call it Arroz con Leche or Rice Pudding, we can't help sweeten this traditional bowl of rice with Lakanto Classic or Golden Sweetener.
Arroz con Leche Ingredients:
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2 1/4 cups uncooked white rice
- 4 cups almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 4 cups evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Classic or Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- Ground cinnamon (to taste)
Preparing your Arroz con Leche:
- Combine water and cinnamon stick in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until cinnamon releases its color and flavor, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and reduce heat to low. Cover rice and cook until it's tender and water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Once rice is cooked, gradually add whole milk to rice, then evaporated milk. Stir in Lakanto Classic or Golden Monkfruit Sweetener.
- Cook on low, uncovered until sweetener is dissolved and mixture has thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold. Sprinkle each portion with ground cinnamon.