Arroz con Leche | Rice Pudding
Whether you call it Arroz con Leche or Rice Pudding, we can't help sweeten this traditional bowl of rice with Lakanto Classic or Golden Sweetener.
Arroz con Leche Ingredients:
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 2 1/4 cups uncooked white rice
- 4 cups almond milk (or milk of choice)
- 4 cups evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Classic or Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- Ground cinnamon (to taste)
Preparing your Arroz con Leche:
- Combine water and cinnamon stick in a saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until cinnamon releases its color and flavor, about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and reduce heat to low. Cover rice and cook until it's tender and water is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Once rice is cooked, gradually add whole milk to rice, then evaporated milk. Stir in Lakanto Classic or Golden Monkfruit Sweetener.
- Cook on low, uncovered until sweetener is dissolved and mixture has thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold. Sprinkle each portion with ground cinnamon.