Low-Carb Key Lime Pie Bars
These luscious tart and tangy key lime pie bars are a breeze to make and are delicious served straight from the fridge. A no-sugar treat for those warm summer nights.
These key lime pie bars are a delicious and low-sugar dessert option that are perfect for those following a low-carb or keto diet. The use of Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener instead of traditional sugar helps to reduce the overall sugar content while still providing a sweet and satisfying dessert.
These key lime pie bars are a delicious and healthier dessert option, thanks to the use of Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener and almond flour instead of traditional sugar and wheat flour, and arrowroot starch instead of condensed milk. They have all the delicious flavors of a classic key lime pie, but with a lighter and lower-carb twist. Enjoy!
- 2 cups almond flour
1/4 cup Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1/4 cup melted butter (can sub coconut oil or avocado oil)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp grated lime zest
- 3/4 cup Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
For the crust:
For the filling:
Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
In a medium bowl, mix together the almond flour, Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener, and melted butter until well combined. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener, lime juice, and lime zest until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the arrowroot powder, baking powder, and salt. Add the dry mixture to the egg mixture and whisk until well combined.
- Pour the filling mixture over the crust and smooth out the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the center is set.
- Allow the bars to cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 1 hour before slicing and serving.
Use a shaker or sifter to a sprinkle some Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener over the top of the finished bars
Garnish with fresh lime slices or zest and some shredded coconut for a pretty presentation
Key Lime Pie Bars will keep 2-3 days in the fridge in a covered container
Slice into 16, 2"x2" bars
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 11 grams
- 1 grams
- 1 grams
- Saturated Fat
- 4 grams
- 43 milligrams
- 7 grams
- sugar alcohols
- 2 grams
- net carbs
- 3 grams
- 5 grams