Instant Pot Molten Lava Cake
Don't let a sugar-free diet stop you from eating the best things in life. This Molten Lava Cake can easily be made in an Instant Pot and a few minutes later you'll be slicing through it's gooey chocolate center with a fork wondering why you didn't include this in your self-care routine sooner. Molten lava cakes combine the best of chocolate cake and the French, egg-based soufflé. It's known for its liquid chocolate center, which is where it gets its name.
Sugar-Free Molten Lava Cake Ingredients:
- ¼ c unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ c Lakanto Classic Sweetener or Lakanto Baking Sweetener
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
How to make Molten Lava Cake in an Instant Pot:
- Spray two 8 ounce ramekins with non stick cooking spray, and set aside. Insert the steamer rack into the instant pot and pour in two cups of water to the bottom of the pot.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, Lakanto classic sweetener, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, add the heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract, and eggs. Mix together using a handheld mixer. Stream in melted butter while mixing.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until batter is smooth and the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Divide the batter into the two prepared baking ramekins.
- Place the uncovered filled baking ramekins on the steamer rack. Place the lid on the Instant Pot, plug it in, and turn the steam release handle to the sealing position. Select the manual button, then use the +/- buttons to bring the time to 4:00 minutes.
- Once the cakes have finished baking, quick release the pressure (see manual for instructions). Carefully remove the lava cakes using tongs. Allow the cakes to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve in the baking ramekins, or carefully flip the cups upside down to allow the cake to fall onto a plate. Serve with whipped cream or dust with Lakanto Powdered Sweetener.
Nutritional Info (per serving): 1 molten cake
Saturated Fat: 13g
Total Carbs: 32g
Dietary Fiber: 4g
Sugar Alcohols: 24g
Net Carbs: 4g