Terms & Conditions
30-Day No Sugar Challenge Details
Official Terms and Conditions
No purchase is necessary. Must be 18 years of age or older to participate. One grand prize for one winner only. Other terms and conditions apply. Sponsored by Lakanto.
I CONTEST PERIOD: The Lakanto 30-Day No Sugar Challenge (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 8:00:00 a.m. Mountain Standart Time (“MST”) on January 16, 2023 and ends at 8:00:00 p.m. MST on February 14, 2023.
II PROMOTION PERIOD: The Lakanto 30-Day No Sugar Challenge (the “Sweepstakes”) promotion period begins at 12:01:00 a.m. Mountain Standart Time (“MST”) on January 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. MST on January 13, 2023.
- Participant must be 18 years of age or older.
- Participant be a legal residents of the United States and cannot reside in Arizona, Road Island, New York, or Florida.
- Participant must enter in the contest, stay subscribed to the 30-day newsletter (subscription is automatic on entry), and enter into the challenge’s Facebook group.
- Participant must submit survey responses at the beginning of each week. Links to these surveys will be sent via email and posted in the Facebook group. Surveys will ask for identifying information, a weekly weigh-in, before and after pictures (these pictures must fulfill requirements below*), questions relating to participants physical and mental well-being, and the story of participant’s experience with the challenge.
- Complete the contest’s calendar checklist: no sugar, a workout, and a gallon of water drank daily. The final image submission for this contest needs to showcase the participant holding this completed calendar.
*Participant must wear clothes that are appropriate to share on a public social media page (no bras, underwear, or skimpy swimsuits). They should plan to wear the same clothes for their before and after pictures. Pictures need to be against a plain background, only have the participant in the frame, and exclude logos besides Lakanto’s. The final image must include the participant’s completed 30-Day Challenge calendar. Submitted images must be original, owned by participant, and not infringe on third-party rights.
IV HOW TO ENTER:
- Automatically via a purchase. Eligible individuals who make an online purchase of the 30-day challenge box on Sponsor’s website at www.lakanto.com, during the promotion period, will automatically be entered in the sweepstakes competition. Purchase transaction must be received by the end of the promotion period to be eligible. If a purchase is returned prior to the conclusion of the contest, entry/ies associated with that purchase will be voided. All purchases are subject to Sponsor’s return policy.
- To enter without a purchase via a mail-in, hand write the following on the front of a 3x5 card: full name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, e-mail address, telephone number, Facebook profile handle that will be used to participate, and date of birth. Insert card in a #10 envelope and mail to Lakanto 30-Day Challenge, 553 Timpanogos Cir BLDG G Suite 23, Orem, UT 84097. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by the end of the promotion period and received before the beginning of the contest period. Proof of mailing does not constitute proof of delivery. After the sponsor has received your correspondence, they will respond with an email confirmation including a link to the private facebook group, and you will be subscribed to the challenge newsletter.
V DETERMINATION OF WINNER: At the conclusion of the contest period, 5 participants that have entered into the contest and are eligible to win will be chosen at random. Drew Manning will select one of these five participants to be the winner. This winner will be announced on the 30-Day Challenge Facebook group and will receive a direct email on February 17, 2023. Failure to respond within 7 days will result in forfeiture of prize and Sponsor shall have the option to award the prize to an alternate winner. The return of any prize notification or prize as undeliverable may result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. The winner may be required to provide proof of age in the form of a scanned ID sent directly to the Sponser. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of prize are the responsibility of the winner.
VI GRAND PRIZE: Total prize value of the grand prize is $1000. Participant will be able to choose between a cash prize and Lakanto website credit in the form of gift cards. No substitution or transfer of prize permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner chosen by Drew Manning. Any valuation of the prize(s) that are offered as a part of this challenge may be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize(s) and paying any expenses associated with any prize.
- Entrance in this sweepstakes constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winner’s name, story, and biographical information for marketing purposes without further compensation or right of approval, unless prohibited by law. All federal and state laws apply.
- Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission to the Sponsor to use winner’s name, likeness, story, and biographical information for marketing purposes without further compensation or right of approval, unless prohibited by law. All federal and state laws apply.
VIII LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this sweepstake, entrants waive all rights to, and hold the Sponsor harmless from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this sweepstakes or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Promotion Parties will not be responsible for: late, incomplete, or incorrect entries; an entrant’s failure to receive prize notices due to entrant’s spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for entrants’; provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information; technical, hardware, or software malfunctions, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, garbled, or delayed electronic communications whether caused by the sender or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in this sweepstakes; by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in this sweepstakes; or any typographical, technological, or other error in the publishing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes, or announcement of the prize[s]. If, in the Sponsor’s opinion, there is such an error, or there is any suspected evidence of tampering with any portion of the sweepstakes, or if technical difficulties (including viruses and bugs) compromise the integrity of the sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, cancel or modify this sweepstakes in a manner deemed appropriate. In the event of termination, winners will be selected from among all eligible entries received as of date of termination. In the event a dispute arises as to the identity of a potentially winning entrant, entries will be declared made by the name on the online entry form.
IX INTERNET DISCLAIMER: In case of malfunction of or technical difficulties with any of the online platforms used to run this 30-Day Challenge, content and materials may be sent to participants via alternate methods. Announcements and notifications may likewise be sent using a substitute method. Participants may be required to share the same information requested in weekly surveys in alternate manner if the Sponser deems it necessary.
X COPY OF RULES: A physical copy of the rules and regulations for the Lakanto 30-Day No Sugar Challenge may be requested via mail. To receive a physical copy, hand write the following on the front of a 3x5 card: full name, address, city, state/province, and zip/postal code. Insert card in a #10 envelope and mail to Lakanto 30-Day Challenge, 553 Timpanogos Cir BLDG G Suite 23, Orem, UT 84097. After the sponsor has received your written entry, they will respond with a copy of the rules and regulations sent to the address written on the 3x5 card.