Sweet and Savory Chicken Marinade
This sugar-free marinade is for those looking to kick it up a notch with zest and flavor! Not only is it good with chicken, but also pairs well with fish. Prepare and marinade the chicken an hour in advance or overnight in the fridge. Bring this to the next barbecue and watch the magic happen once it comes off the grill!
Sweet and Savory Chicken Marinade Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of your favorite mustard
- 2 heaping Tablespoons Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts 4-6 oz each
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
How to Make Sweet and Savory Chicken Marinade
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, mustard, Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener, coconut aminos, garlic, thyme, oregano and rosemary; salt and pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup and set aside.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag, combine balsamic vinegar mixture and chicken; marinate for at least 1 hour to overnight, turning the bag occasionally. Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Add chicken to grill and cook, flipping once and basting with reserved 1/4 cup marinade until cooked through, about 5-6 minutes on each side
- Serve immediately, garnish with parsley, if desired.
- 6-8 hours is ideal for marinate chicken breasts for the most robust flavor.
- Salmon, shrimp, any white fish is delish.
- Vegetables too!
Nutritional Info (per 5 oz boneless skinless chicken breast):
Calories: 210 kcal
Saturated Fat: 1.7g
Protein: 38 g
Sodium: 200 mg
Total Carbs: 4.5g
Dietary Fiber: .5g
Sugar Alcohols: 1g
Net Carbs: 3.5g
Total servings in recipe: 4