Suntella S'mores Pizza
Say 'pizza' and watch out. It brings people running—in droves. Say 'dessert pizza' and you get eyes of wonder, plus giggles and squeals. And that goes for adults and kids alike;)
As we started planning for the debut of new-and-improved Suntella, we looked at what type of recipe would really fit the spreadability of the product and the season at hand. It's nearly summer, and especially with us cooking more at home, we thought to develop something that you could fire up in the pizza oven, a dutch oven, or your good-ole-faithful oven (maybe just with the windows and doors open to let all that sweet summer air flow through the house).
S'mores Pizza struck a chord with us. Warm nights under the stars, catching fireflies and telling stories. What better treat to accompany all those memories than a pizza version of the fireside classic s'more? And believe us.... Suntella is the perfect spread, rather than trying to get chocolate to melt just from the heat of a marshmallow (anyone else always frustrated with that?)...
In fact, a quick plug on a standard s'more: Try replacing the chocolate bar with a thick spread of Suntella on the cracker. It's already creamy, and the warm (or partially on fire) marshmallow will make it ooey-gooey and melty in the mouth.
Suntella S'mores Pizza Recipe
You're going to make three layers to complete this pizza. Perfect for assigning to 3 different kids, or preparing in stages!
S'mores Pizza Crust Ingredients:
- 1 package Lakanto Cookie Mix
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp almond milk
Chocolate Pizza Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/3 c Lakanto chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp Lakanto Suntella
- Note: Save part of the chocolate sauce as a finishing drizzle on top of the marshmallow fluff.
Marshmallow Fluff Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp unflavored gelatin
- 2 Tbsp cold water
- ¼ c Lakanto 2x powdered sweetener
- ¼ c + 2 T water
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 3 drops Lakanto Vanilla Liquid Extract
How to make Suntella S'mores Pizza
To make the dessert pizza crust:
- Preheat Oven to 350F.
- Mix crust ingredients together to form a dough.
- Roll out onto round pizza pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 6 minutes.
- After 6 mins lower heat to 325°F for an additional 2-3 mins until middle is golden brown.
- Let cool completely before starting on the chocolate layer.
For the chocolate sauce layer:
- Melt the chocolate chips and mix in Suntella.
- Spread onto cookie crust.
- Reserve a little (1/4 cup maybe) of the sauce to use as a drizzle for the pizza top...
- Proceed to fluff making.
To make marshmallow fluff:
- Combine gelatin + 2 T cold water in a small bowl & set aside.
- In a saucepan, boil 1/4c + 2 T water.
- Remove from heat & add sweetener.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add gelatin mix, sweetener water, salt and extract drops to mixing bowl.
- Whip on high for 5 mins. DO NOT OVER MIX. Fluff should be spreadable.
Spread fluff on top of chocolate sauce layer. Let set up for at least 5 minutes before adding the final chocolate sauce drizzle. Cut into 8 pie-shaped pieces.