Our recipe for Sugar-Free Glazed Ham using our Maple Flavored Syrup and Brown Monkfruit Sweetener is beautifully juicy, seeping with flavor, with crispy caramelized edges. Let it be the star in your holiday dinner this year!
Sugar-Free Glazed Ham
The most perfect sticky, flavorful sugar-free glaze recipe for your holiday ham is here! We've got all the tips and tricks you need to make this perfectly glazed and tender ham. The whole family will be raving about this ham knowing it’s sugar-free makes it that much better. This ham is so delicious with crisp edges and incredible flavor, you won't be able to resist another serving. And with zero added sugar? Go right ahead.
- 8-10 lb fully cooked cured ham of your choice, spiral cut or bone-in
- ½ cup water
- ¼ cup butter
½ cup Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup
- ¼ cup Lakanto Brown Monkfruit Sweetener (can sub Golden Monkfruit Sweetener)
- 1 T Dijon mustard
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
Preheat oven to 325° Prepare a large roasting pan with cooking spray and aluminum foil. Using a sharp knife score a 1-inch-wide diamond pattern (don’t cut more than 1/4 inch deep) over the entire ham.
- Place the ham onto the foil-lined roasting pan and add the ½ cup water to the bottom. Cover the entire ham tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes
- Meanwhile, heat the butter in a saucepan over medium heat until melted and starts to get golden. Turn heat to low and add in the Lakanto Maple Flavored Syrup, Lakanto Brown Monkfruit Sweetener, vinegar, mustard, garlic powder, cinnamon and cloves. Stir and mix together on low heat until ingredients have completely dissolved. (about 2 minutes)
After 30 minutes of baking time, carefully remove the ham from the oven, discard the foil and pour ⅓ of the glaze over the ham, brushing in between the cuts to evenly distribute glaze. Return to oven and bake uncovered for 30 minutes, turning the oven temp to 400°
Remove from the oven, brush with another third of the glaze and some of the pan juices, and check with internal thermometer that the center is 130° (approx 10-14 minutes per pound)
Repeat glaze and oven once again after 15 minutes of baking uncovered. A dark golden-brown crust will form. If further browning is wanted, broil for 2-3 minutes.
- Let ham rest for 10-20 minutes before slicing.
Estimate about ¾ pound of bone-in ham per person.
A lower temperature of 325° is ideal to not dry out our Sugar-Free Glazed Ham. Remember, we are starting with a fully cooked, ready-to-eat ham, so we are simply reheating a ham that’s already been cooked.
- Serving Size
- per serving
- 11 grams
- 282 milligrams
- 38 grams
- 3.5 grams
- .5 grams
- Net Carbs G)
- 2.5 grams