Satay is a popular restaurant appetizer or dish that is delicious but often loaded with sugar. With this simple recipe this favorite dish can be made without added sugar and in your own kitchen using Lakanto Peanut Butter Powder and Lakanto Brown Sweetener.
These delectable chicken skewers make a show-stopping appetizer for any gathering, Juicy, skewered chicken layered with flavor drenched in creamy, intoxicating peanut satay sauce. Your guests will LOVE it!
Ingredients for Sugar-Free Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce:
- ¾ cup Lakanto Peanut Butter Powder
- ¾ cup light coconut milk
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp red chili paste (can sub Sriracha Sauce or cayenne pepper)
- 1 T curry powder
- 2 Tbsp Lakanto Brown or Golden Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs (we used breasts)
- Salt & Pepper
- Cilantro and peanuts for garnish
Instructions for Sugar-Free Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce:
- Preheat your oven to 425° (the high heat of the oven will cook the chicken fast, and keep it nice and juicy) (can also grill skewers)
- To make the sauce ingredients, in a food processor or blender, blend the Lakanto Peanut Butter Powder, coconut milk, garlic, ginger, red chili paste, curry powder, Lakanto Brown Monkfruit Sweetener, salt, soy sauce, and lime juice.
- Line your baking sheet with foil. If you are using wooden skewers, soak the skewers in water for 10 to 30 minutes,
- Lay the chicken out on a cutting board and cut into strips horizontally. Insert all the skewers vertically from the bottom, moving across so that you get all the chicken onto skewers
- Then cut the chicken vertically, and you will have cubes of chicken on each skewer. Repeat until all the chicken breasts are cubed on your skewers
- Reserve ½ the marinade in a small bowl for dipping sauce; pour the remaining marinade over the chicken skewers, making sure all the chicken is coated.
- Place skewers on baking sheet so that their ends rest on the edges of the baking sheet, allowing the chicken to be “suspended”.
- Bake the chicken skewers for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through to 165°.
- Garnish the chicken with the chopped peanuts, lime wedge, and cilantro and serve with the reserved sauce on the side.
Nutritional Info (estimation, per serving) Serving Size- 1 skewer, Servings per recipe: 12
- Calories: 165kcal
- Fat: 15gg
- Saturated Fat: 6gg
- Protein: 14g
- Sodium: 310mg
- Total Carbs: 4.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugars: 8g
- Sugar Alcohols: 3g
- Net Carbs: 3g