Low Carb, No Sugar Added, Coconut Cream Pie
This creamy coconut pie with a buttery, Keto crust and thick, coconut custard is a must make for a cream pie lover. Take it to a pot luck party, make it Sunday morning to eat after a Sunday supper or to just to fulfill a coconut lovers' dream.
1 cup cold heavy cream
1 cup coconut cream (from a can, unsweetened and the thick part)
2 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
- ⅔ cup Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 2 T butter
- 1 T coconut extract
1 tsp vanilla extract or Lakanto Liquid Monkfruit Extract, vanilla
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- ¾ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
1 pie crust of your choosing (we used the one from this great recipe)
¾ cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- ¼ c Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener
2-3 drops Liquid Monkfruit Extract, vanilla flavored or 1 tsp vanilla or coconut extract
- ¼ cup shredded or flaked unsweetened coconut, lightly toasted
Combine the heavy cream and coconut cream in a saucepan over medium heat, Heat for 3-4 minutes until it starts to simmer.
In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, egg yolk, Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener and salt together. Add half of the warm cream mixture, whisking continuously as you combine.
- Then slowly pour and whisk this mixture back into the pan of hot cream.
- Cook another 5 minutes on medium heat, while whisking continuously, until the mixture thickens.
Remove from heat and whisk in the butter, extracts and the xanthan gum. Whisk briskly to incorporate. Then add the shredded coconut and combine.
Give the custard one more stir and then pour into the prepared pie crust and smooth until even. Refrigerate 3-4 hours or overnight.
Place heavy whipping cream in a large, chilled bowl and add Lakanto Powdered Monkfruit Sweetener and Liquid Monkfruit drops or extract. Beat until the cream makes stiff peaks and holds its shape.
- Spread over the chilled coconut pie and sprinkle on the toasted coconut flakes.
- Serving Size
- 1 slice (10 per recipe)
- per serving
- 35 grams
- 7.5 grams
- 2 grams
- 4 grams
- 200 milligrams
- Net Carbs 2