For all the chocolate cookie lovers out there, this one is doubling up on all the good stuff you can't get enough of! If you've been checking out our Chocolate Chips recently, you may have noticed this is the same recipe on the back of the packaging! Without further ado, we'll let you get to the recipe so you can start eating these cookies faster. Don't forget to read our baking tips and tricks near the end to make these the best monk fruit sweetened cookies yet!
Sugar-Free Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener or Lakanto Brown Monkfruit Sweetener
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter or coconut oil, room temp
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup almond flour, or flour of choice
- 1/2 cup Lakanto Chocolate Chips
How to make Double Chocolate Chip Cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix Lakanto Golden Monkfruit Sweetener, butter or coconut oil, vanilla, and egg until well combined.
- Add in baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and almond flour. Mix until combined.
- Stir in Lakanto Chocolate Chips.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a cookie sheet. Slightly flatten with hands or a utensil into desired thickness (cookies bake into similar shape they are placed into the oven).
- Bake for 15-20 mins.
Tips and Tricks:
- When baking cookies with a monk fruit and erythritol blend such as Lakanto's, it's important to form the cookie into the desired end-shape. For example, if cookie dough balls are put into the oven, baked cookie balls will be the end result. However, if the cookie dough balls are flattened, the every-day, common cookie shape is what will come out.
- Whether using almond flour or regular flour, you'll notice a difference in cookie appearance between the two. Blanched almond flour appears as little specks among the dark chocolate coloring, whereas regular flour blends in. This is completely normal and even appears in our photos.
- Cookies are best when eaten within the hour they're made. We recommend only making an amount of cookies that will be eaten or else they will harden.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know below or tag us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or TikTok. We're here to cheer on your sugar-free success and answer any questions you may have! Want to be a sugar-free baking pro? Check out our Lakanto Baking Guide and even download it for easy reference.
This recipe makes roughly 12 cookies (depending on how large or small you want the cookies). The nutritional information was calculated with unsalted butter and almond flour. Each serving is:
Saturated Fat: 7.3g
Sodium: 150 mg
Total Carbs: 21g
Dietary Fiber: 4.3g
Sugar Alcohols: 14.7g
Net Carbs: 2.3g