Blueberry Lemonade: No Added Sugar!
When life gives you blueberries, add them to your lemonade! This refreshing, no-sugar-added lemonade recipe teaches how to make a blueberry syrup so you can take your Independence Day BBQ to the next level! Whether you're quenching a crowd of thirsty party-goers or you're a lemonade stand entrepreneur, this drink could not get any easier. It’s fruity and sweet from the plump juicy blueberries with just enough of a tart kick. The homemade blueberry syrup uses Classic Monkfruit Sweetener and makes about 6 cups of lemonade. Need more? Simply double or triple the recipe.
Blueberry Lemonade Ingredients:
- ½ cup Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- 6 cups water, divided
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- ¾ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
How to Make Blueberry Lemonade with No Sugar Added:
- To make the blueberry simple syrup, combine Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener and 1 cup water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring until the Monkfruit Sweetener has dissolved. Stir in blueberries and bring to a low boil; reduce heat and simmer until blueberries have broken down, about 3-4 minutes. Strain blueberry mixture through a sifter or fine sieve; let cool to room temperature. Recipe tip: Don't refrigerate the simple syrup by itself, make sure to follow the next step before cooling it below room temp or else it will crystallize.
- In a large pitcher, whisk together blueberry simple syrup, lemon juice and 5 cups water. Place in the refrigerator until chilled. Use within 5-7 days for best taste.
- Serve over ice and blueberries, if desired.
- Use a spoon to slightly mash blueberries after cooking to help break them down.
- For single servings, refrigerate blueberry syrup in a sealed jar up to 5 days. Just squeeze ½ lemon and add 3 T Blueberry syrup to 4 oz cold water in a tall glass. Add ice and enjoy!
- Add a shot of unflavored Vodka for a fantastic summer cocktail
- For a blueberry lemon fizz, substitute your favorite sparkling water
Nutritional Info per serving (3/4 cup):
Total Carbs: 2g
Dietary Fiber: 1g
Sugar Alcohols: 1g
Net Carbs: 1g
Total servings in recipe: 8