2 lbs. sweet potatoes
3 TBS coconut oil, melted
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
pinch of ground nutmeg
1 cup chopped pecans
⅛ C. Classic Lakanto and 1 tsp. cinnamon for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Wrap sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven until soft (about 1-1.5 hours)
3. Remove from oven, cut in half and let cool.
4. Remove skins and set sweet potatoes aside.
5. Reduce oven to 375 degrees F.
6. Add apple sauce and sweet potatoes to your blender and blend until smooth
7. Add melted coconut oil (butter/earth balance/ghee), cinnamon, salt and nutmeg and blend until combined.
8. Transfer to a 9” baking dish and sprinkle the top with pecans and optional topping
9. Bake at 375 for 25-30 minutes until potatoes begin to slightly bubble and toping is lightly browned.
10. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.