1 C. unsweetened, shredded coconut
2 tsp. Classic Sweetener (1tsp. For the coconut filling and 1tsp. For the chocolate, or if you like it sweeter you can use more)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (1/2tsp. For the coconut filling and 1/2tsp. For the chocolate
⅓ cup coconut cream
4 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Mix shredded coconut with coconut cream,1/2tsp. of vanilla extract and 1tsp. Classic Sweetener and blend well with a spatula or a spoon
- Place the shredded coconut mixture on a small cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- Shape it into a flat rectangle about 4 inches by 6 inches and 1 inch thick (measurements may vary) You can aid yourself with kitchen wrap to accomplish this.
- Place in the freezer for 2 hours, until frozen solid
- Remove from the freezer and cut into 5 long bars or 10 short bars
- While the coconut bars freeze you will prepare the chocolate coating:
- Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan until liquified
- Add cocoa powder, 1 tsp. Classic Sweetener, and 1/2tsp. vanilla extract to the coconut oil
- Mix well on low heat for about 2 minutes, until all ingredients are well blended
- Let cool to room temperature, but still liquid
- Now dip the bars in the cocoa mixture, and turn to all sides to coat evenly. It helps if the bars are frozen solid so they won't break.
- Place bars back on the parchment lined cookie sheet.
- When all bars are all coated put in the refrigerator to harden.
- The bars can be kept in the fridge for harder consistency or at room temperature for softer.