3 C. Almond Flour
3/4 C. Classic Lakanto (add a little more if you want it sweeter)
2 Tbs. Cinnamon
1 Tbs. Ginger
1 tsp. Nutmeg
4 tsp. Baking Powder
8 large Eggs
1 C. Coconut Milk (Carton, not canned)
4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
1/2 C. Coconut Oil
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line the bottom and sides of one or two 8 or 9-inch round cake pans with parchment paper. Or spray a 9 by 13-inch cake pan with cooking spray if you want to do a sheet cake.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the eggs with a stand mixer or hand-held mixer. Then mix in the coconut milk, vanilla extract, and coconut oil.
- Once those are combined, add in the almond flour, Lakanto, cinnamon, nutmeg, Ginger, and baking powder. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared baking pan(s).
- For one 8 or 9 inch round pan bake for 50-60 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean. If you are using two 8 or 9 inch round pans or a 9 x 13 pan bake for 25-30 minutes or until it a cake tester comes out clean.
- Cool the cake on a rack and decorate as desired once cooled.
Inspired by: http://mamashire.com/spice-cake-gluten-free-dairy-free-sugar-free/