Free Yourself from Negative Energy
Our bodies are energy centers. Not only can we create our own energy, but outside influences can affect us.
When our chakras are aligned and we’re in tune with our own energy, it flows freely throughout our bodies. But when the energy is negative, the flow is disrupted and can bring on both physical and mental struggles.
Both positive and negative energy can be contagious, so it’s important that we surround ourselves with the positive and rid our space of the negative.
Where does negative energy come from?
Negative energy has many sources. Sometimes it’s from a traumatic experience, sometimes it’s just the chorus of the world around us. Sometimes it’s going to the store for toilet paper and finding the shelves empty…
Strong emotions can directly impact our environment, particularly our homes. These emotions can be hard to let go of and our homes often take on the energy we feel ourselves.
Viewing or reading frequent negative or depressing stories or news is another way our energy can be brought down. Feeling scared and helpless when we look at the world’s problems can really influence our energy.
Signs you might be surrounded by negative energy.
Feeling sad or angry doesn't necessarily mean you’re feeling negative energy; those emotions are natural and will come and go. But if they DON’T leave, then you might want to take a closer look.
While everyone feels and exhibits negative energy differently, there are some very common signs:
- Headaches or foggy mind
- Exhaustion, even when you’ve rested
- Frequent and uncontrollable mood swings
- A quick temper
- Feeling out of control of your emotions
- Seeing your world as “cup half empty”
While it might seem that this list is full of things we cannot control, there are ways to rid yourself and your home of negative energy.
Here’s another way to assess your energy. Take a look at these questions, and if you answer yes to many or all of them, it might be time to do some energy spring cleaning.
- Do you find yourself complaining all the time?
- Are most of your words negative: terrible weather, stupid government, awful family, etc.?
- Do you find fault in others before seeing their virtues?
- Are you sucked into negative social media and news?
- Do you feel like a victim most of the time?
- Do you often feel powerless?
- Do you struggle finding things to be grateful for?
- Do you place blame on everyone else before accepting responsibility?
Rid yourself and your spaces from negative energy.
Luckily, you don’t have to settle with negative energy for the rest of your life. You can start right now to rid your mind, body, and soul from negative energy and regain chi.
Here are six of our favorite ways to rid our homes, and ourselves, of negative energy.
- Cleanse your house of negative energy. Literally, cleanse your house. Scrub it down, top to bottom if you get a chance. Bring in some crystals for positive energy or burn incense or a candle.
- Get fresh air. Just opening your windows (after that great cleanse) can make a huge difference. Study after study shows that fresh air can help rid your home and yourself of negative emotions and energy.
- Add life to your home or office. Find a houseplant or two that you love (and that are easy to care for) and bring them home. Have one or two at your desk at work. If you just can’t keep one alive, a bouquet of fresh flowers or foliage can also make a difference.
- Rearrange. Move your furniture around, reorganize your desk, or reorient your space toward light. Sometimes a physical change can make a difference in the vibe in your home or office.
- Practice meditation. Whether it’s simply taking a few moments to sit and be quiet, practicing yoga, or taking a bath with salts and essential oils, giving your mind a break can help cleanse it of negative energy. Visualizations or channeling your spirit animal can also be effective.
- Examine your diet and exercise. Are you getting enough fruits and veggies? Are you drinking enough water? Are you getting out and exercising consistently? These simple practices can have a big effect on your energy. Not just physically, but also mentally and spiritually.
Choose one, two, or maybe all of these to get started on your path to more positive energy. Remember YOU are in control of what you let in and what you send out. Focus both inwardly and outwardly, and take control of the situation. You can surround yourself with positive energy faster than you think and bring chi and balance back into your life.