7 Lifestyle Changes for Eliminating Sugar from Your Diet
Eliminating sugar from your diet is important for overall health and well being. Whether you want to eat healthier or you suffer from a more serious condition like diabesity, eliminating sugar from your diet is a big step in the right direction. Fortunately you don’t have to give up your favorite sweets and recipes to eliminate sugars (keep reading)...
Dangers of Artificial Sweeteners
You may have tried alternatives to sugar or used artificial sweeteners, but most products will lead you down a road to false security opening the doors to more health problems.
But eliminating sugar completely can be hard. Over time, sugar can become an addiction. It’s one of the hardest substances to avoid. After all, everyone loves a good treat!
There’s no question your favorite treats have sugar. But sugar is also hidden in the majority of processed foods and soft drinks, fruit juices and even infant formulas. Today, more than 50 percent of all Americans consume one-half pound of sugar each day. That’s 180 pounds of sugar per year!
Sugars and sugar alternatives come in many forms including:
- dextrose (fructose and glucose)
- high fructose corn syrup
- sugar alchools (xylitol, glycerol, sorbitol, maltitol, mannitol)
- Sacralose (Splenda which is NOT sugar and can have many detrimental health effects)
- Agave Syrup which is usually highly processed and rarely resembles the original agave plant.
How to Eliminate Sugar from Your DietStart with baby steps. In today’s society it might be hard for you to completely eliminate sugars from your diet. But with a few simple lifestyle choices and the awareness of the foods you eat, you will do your body and mind good by following these basic tips:
- Drink more water-If you drink a lot of soda, replace it with good quality water. Not drinking enough water can lead to dehydration which leads to sugar and other cravings.
- Reduce caffeine intake-Caffeine can lead to dehydration and changes in blood sugar levels which can eventually lead to sugar cravings.
- Protein-It’s important to have enough protein in your diet and good fats for overall blood sugar balance and enhanced metabolism.
- Avoid white flour and pastas-These processed carbohydrates convert to sugar rapidly. That sugar turns to fat once digested so it’s a good idea to opt for whole grains.
- Fruits and vegetables-whole fruits and vegetables are great sweets to eat. Plus they are loaded with fiber, vitamins and phytonutrients. It's the fiber that slows the metabolism of the sugars and balances the sugar in the blood.
- Don’t be fooled by “fat free” packaging labels-The truth is most of these fat-free snacks have a ton of sugar.
- Get more sleep and exercise-You might not be getting enough exercise and this can prevent a good nights rest. Or you might be working long hours and not sleeping enough. A quick energy fix might be an energy drink or food but this will backfire. Physical activity can help balance your blood sugar and reduce stress.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners - artificial sweeteners are not an appropriate sugar replacement and can have far worse consequences for your health. Fortunately there are alternatives to sugar and these other artificial sweeteners.
Introducing Lakanto-The Best Tasting Natural Sugar Substitute
You can still feel good about yourself and your health. Baking or cooking as a family can be fun again. Of course you want to eat healthy, avoid sugars and avoid the consequences of artificial sweeteners and genetically modified ingredients, right?
With Lakanto you get the amazing taste of sugar without all the toxicity! This zero glycemic and zero calorie sugar replacement has been used in Japan for over 10 years. The Japanese Ministry of Health recommends it for weight loss and diabesity problems. And over 9,000 hospitals in Japan serve Lakanto to their patients.
But how is it different than other sugar replacements and sweeteners?
The two natural ingredients found in Lakanto are Non-GMO erythritol and extra-high purity extract from Monk Fruit. There are no additional ingredients, colors, or preservatives.
You can use Lakanto in your favorite sweets like cakes and cookies, pumpkin or sweet potato pies, frozen desserts, cereals and so much more! It’s the perfect sweetener for anyone who wants to safely avoid processed sugar without sacrificing their favorite foods. It also doesn't have a bitter aftertaste like stevia does when it's baked.
Lakanto is even recommended by Dr. Junger at cleanprogram.com.
“… Lakanto tastes great without having any of the toxicity that is found in processed sugar. I use it in my own kitchen and highly recommend it”.