5 Natural Ways to Get Rid of Cellulite
During swimsuit season, insecurities may arise about our bodies. Are we thin enough? Toned enough? Tan enough? And a whole host of other concerns. “Cottage cheese”, “orange peel”, “hail damage”, or “the mattress phenomenon” seems to plague men and women, the thin as well as the overweight. Women are especially self-conscience about cellulite during summer months when they want to flaunt at the beach or pool instead of hiding in their full-length bodysuit. Simply put, cellulite is fat deposits just under the skin and appears most commonly in the upper thigh or stomach area. Diet, lifestyle, genetics, and hormones influence your risk of cellulite, and some natural remedies can aid in eradicating cellulite!
- Dry Skin Brushing: Skin brushing is literally brushing the skin with a bristle brush by making long, sweeping motions towards the heart. First, start at the feet and then move up to your trunk, arms, and chest. Dry brushing opens pores, sloughs off dry skin, promotes tighter skin, encourages cell renewal, and increases blood flow! Dry brushing is the super easy, effective way for healthy skin!
- Exercise: Sweating helps rid our bodies of toxins, while exercise tightens, tones, and strengthens the problems areas, ridding much of the unwanted cellulite (and even if you still have a few pesky spots, you’ll feel more confident!)
- Healthy Fats: Getting enough Omega-3s is crucial for smooth skin and tissue and an imbalance of fatty acids can do just the opposite. Click here for ways to balance your fatty acids!
- “Sugar” Scrub: A scrub exfoliates the skin which stimulates blood and lymph flow. A “coffee scrub” has a tightening effect due to the caffeine. Try mixing ¼ cup ground coffee, 4 tablespoons of our Lakanto Golden, and a few tablespoons of melted coconut oil together. Massage into the skin for a few minutes and rinse!
- Massage: I’m saving the best for last because who doesn’t want to be told they need to get a massage for “therapeutic purposes”? There is a theory that cellulite forms due to inactivity, injuries, or scar tissue. Myofascial massages smooth the layers of connective tissue and send blood flow to the area. Like skin brushing, massage helps to break down the deposits under the skin which causes the “orange peel” look.
Between 80-90 percent of women experience varying levels of cellulite, so don’t become overwhelmed if you’re in the majorities. Try a few of the natural treatments, take care of yourself, and you should have no problems, rocking your hot summer body! Feel confident in yourself and your body- there’s only one you!